10th May 2016, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to mention a year gap to apply for TCS Off-Campus Drive? Do they verify the reason of gaping a year?

Hello,
I want to apply for TCS Off-Campus Drive. I have a gap of 1 year after my 12th. So, while applying I have to mention my gap? Do they verify the reason of gaping year?

12th May 2016, 09:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to mention a year gap to apply for TCS Off-Campus Drive? Do they verify the reason of gaping a year?

TCS Off Campus recruitment eligibility criteria:

Generally maximum of 1 year gap is allowed in TCS Off Campus recruitment drive. But before that remember there should be a valid reason for having 1 year gap after 12th Class.

Yes, you should mention that there is an year gap during registration. If you do not do so, it may create a problem during Interview or after final selection and sometimes it may lead to cancellation of the candidature. So as far as my knowledge is concerned, it is better to mention that there is an year gap while applying for this recruitment. The minimum percentage you must have to score throughout the academics is 60% marks. There should not be any pending arrears.
13th May 2016, 01:02 AM
january2016

Default Re: Should I have to mention a year gap to apply for TCS Off-Campus Drive? Do they verify the reason of gaping a year?

Yes, while applying you have to mention the GAP that you have in between the academic curriculum with proper explanation.

You have to mention that why there was a gap in between your academic period.
Even though you need not to worry much about it as one year of gap is considered by every companies now a days, so it is not a big issue for anyone's academic career.

Yes, there is a process called BVP that is Background verification process in which everything is verified after getting into the job.

Right from your permanent address to your academic history is verified by one of the official of the company.

They will go to the mentioned address to check that whether you stay there or not.
13th May 2016, 09:45 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are interested to apply for the TCS off campus drive. But you have one year gap after 12th. You want to know whether this information has to be included in the form or
not.

>>Yes, definitely you have to mention the year gap in the application form. But there is no need to worry about this. If you qualify in the online test and called for interview, they do not ask you to show the gap certificate. They just ask one or two questions in the interview for the reason of gap.

>>So in my opinion you have to start preparing for the online test rather than to bother about the gapping year. The online test consists of questions related to quantitative aptitude and reasoning and followed by letter writing.
23rd August 2016, 07:18 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

Yes, please mention your study gap as per your academic career. As per TCS, they usually don't allow more than one year of study gap. Anyway they are going to ask you about it, they can easily find this out looking into your mark sheet. So you can't hide it. And give proper reason to them. They will surely ask you cross questions to verify your excuse. So be prepared about it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?