19th January 2016, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for doing Law school after completion of 10th standard?

Am I eligible for doing Law school after completion of 10th standard? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can let me know the answer as I need to apply for the course as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do direct graduation right after completion of 10th standard?
  2. Can I join a new school in 10th after completion of 9th standard?
  3. Is it possible to get Gujarat board school admission in class 11th after completion of 10th in CBSE board?
  4. What is the procedure to be followed for doing 10th in another school after completion of 9th standard?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission for doing Law after completion of BA graduation course with 38% marks?
  6. Am I eligible to get admission in new school for 11th standard after completion of 10th with 6.4 CGPA?
  7. Is it possible for me to get admission for 12th in another CBSE school after completion of 11th standard?
  8. What should I do if my same school not giving admission for 11th standard after completion of 10th?
  9. Is Maharaja school good to take admission for 10th standard?
  10. Is it possible to do Diploma course while appearing for HSC exams?
  11. List of reputed Law Schools in India for 5 year LLB course and how to get admission in them? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to get admission in CBSE school after completion of 11th standard in the same city?
  13. Is it possible to change the school while doing Class 10th?
  14. Am I eligible to take diploma civil after completion of 12th standard?
  15. CBSE or ICSE, Which is better for Medical aspirant?
  16. What is the procedure followed for taking admission in 10th standard after completion of 9th from CBSE school?
  17. Am I eligible to do degree from high standard colleges and university if I have completed 10th and 12th from open school?
  18. Is it possible to join a flight school after completion of 10th standard? -- [New]
19th January 2016, 01:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Law school after completion of 10th standard?

You can do LLB course of complete five years after class 12th not after 10th.
After intermediate examination you have to appear in CLAT ( Common Law Admission test).
It is an all India examination conducted by 14 national Law Universities.

Applicants age should not be more than 20 years in case of gen and OBC and 22 in case of SC/ST students.

The examination is objective.
19th January 2016, 06:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Law school after completion of 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for doing Law school after completion of 10th standard? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can let me know the answer as I need to apply for the course as soon as possible.

Thanks!
No, you are not eligible for law school after completion of 10th standard.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 years for under graduate course.
19th January 2016, 11:38 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
Sorry, you are not eligible for law graduation course with 10th standard qualifications. The aspirant has to complete 12th standard with minimum of 45% marks for studying graduation in law (5 years) or has to complete graduation for the admission of three year LLB course. There will be an entrance examination for the admission in some of the law colleges. The website link of Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College given http://www.draglc.ac.in/eligibility.asp
20th January 2016, 01:14 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue Law course after completion of your 10th class, you need to have atleast completed your 12th boards and after that you will have to appear for an entrance test known as CLAT, which is the gateway to Law course. Therefore, first of all try to clear your 12th with good score and then move forward.
20th January 2016, 11:54 PM
rituja mukherjee

For getting into 5yrs LLB degree in any law school, it is essential that you qualify class 12 with at least 55% of marks. The 14 National law universities in India intake students on the basis of CLAt- Common Law Admission Test conducted by any of the college on a rational basis among the 14 law universities. There are some other institutions like Jindal Global Law School, UPES Dehradun, Christ University and others which conducts a similar test known as LSAT. Symbiosis Pune and Noida too conduct their own entrance test known as SAT. The syllabus is same more or less for all these exams. They include-
1.English
2.General knowledge
3.Logical reasoning
4.Legal aptitude
5.Maths

These exams contain mostly MCQ type questions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?