5th May 2017, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Merchant navy school after comlpetion of 8th standard?

Am I eligible to join Merchant navy school after completion of 8th standard? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete information soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.

10th May 2017, 11:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Merchant navy school after comlpetion of 8th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join Merchant navy school after completion of 8th standard? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete information soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.
No, 8th standard candidates are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
11th May 2017, 04:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Merchant navy school after comlpetion of 8th standard?

No, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy just after completion of 8th Class. There is a certain eligibility criteria that is required in order to join Merchant Navy.

>> In general, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining Merchant Navy is "12th Class" from a recognized university.

>> As 12th Class or Higher Secondary course is required, I suggest you to first concentrate on studies. After completion of 10th Class, I suggest you to pursue 12th Class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

>> You can join Merchant Navy through National Defence Academy (NDA) recruitment after completion of 12th Class.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?