5th November 2015, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Am i entitled to write Engineering entrance being an NIOS student?

I want to know if i am entitled to write engineering entrance as i am appearing for senior secondary open schooling exam?

5th November 2015, 09:51 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am i entitled to write Engineering entrance being an NIOS student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the engineering entrance examination conducted by the various institute for the admission in the respective institute.

To appear for the engineering entrance examination the required eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates must have the Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper in the board examination.

So, if you pursue the science course then you are eligible to get appear for the examination as NIOS is a recognised board. Some of the examination for which you can appear is :-
* JEE.
* VIT.
* Various state board entrance examination.
5th November 2015, 11:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know if i am entitled to write engineering entrance as i am appearing for senior secondary open schooling exam?
Yes, NIOS student are eligible for engineering entrance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for engineering entarnce exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
5th November 2015, 11:19 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can for Engineering exams after completing 12th from NIOS( National Institute of Open Schooling).
NIOS is a recognized board and candidates are eligible to appear in JEE mains and Advanced to pursue engineering courses.

So, prepare yourself good.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?