6th March 2016, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Which board is best to choose - Maharashtra State Board or ICSE?

I want to get admission in first Standard for my child. Please let me know which board is better for getting admission - Maharashtra State board or ICSE?

7th March 2016, 12:20 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board is best to choose - Maharashtra State Board or ICSE?

For your kind information i want to tell you that Maharashtra board is a state board and if you need to migrate in any other state then your board will be changed that will leads to change in your exam pattern. However if you go for the ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education board) which is a central board then all over the India you have opportunity to get admission in the ICSE affiliated school. But keep in mind that you have to work a little bit hard to score good marks in ICSE board as compare to the state board. So finally i recommend you to choose ICSE board over Maharashtra board.
7th March 2016, 11:29 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

It would be better if you get your child admitted in ICSE board rather than State board as ICSE board gives much exposure to candidate towards the outer world and in various co-curricular activities too.

Therefore,re getting admission in ICSE board is preferable.
7th March 2016, 11:35 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Both the boards are better to choose as both are good educational Constitutions. However, in state board students don't get too much exposure towards co-curricular activities and nothing much is done to enhance their abilities, such is not the case in ICSE or CBSE board.

I would personally recommend you to get your child admitted to either ICSE or CBSE board. Otherwise state board is also good.
7th March 2016, 11:25 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

ICSE board is far better than Maharashtra Board in terms of academics, curriculum and faculties who take class under ICSE board from standard first to 10+2.

A learning environment is provided to students which is not so in case of state boards. So, get your son admitted in ICSE board.
8th March 2016, 07:06 PM
OnePlus

Maharashtra board is the state board and ICSE is a national board.There is no any vast difference between these boards.
State board is on the state level and ICSE is at the national level. I suggest you to select ICSE board for your child because its syllabus is better than state board and it will help your child in future to crack the entrance exams.
25th April 2023, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

I have given the exam of STD 10th from Maharashtra board now I want to do from STD 11science from ICSE is better for me
25th April 2023, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

I had given exam of STD 10th from Maharashtra board now I want to do STD 11 science from ICSE is better for me to score more percentage from ICSE board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?