17th July 2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced if secured 79% in 12th from BSEB and belongs to ST category and 60% disabaled?

Hello Everyone,
I have passed 12th from BSEB and I have got 79% marks. Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced? Eligibility criteria for a Handicapped(60%) candidate and belongs to ST category?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced if scored 329 marks in 12th BSEB?
  2. Reservation quota in JEE Main and Advanced for SC candidate who has scored 73.8% in 12th BSEB?
  3. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th BSEB candidate?
  4. Should I repeat 12th to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 59% in BSEB Board?
  5. Can I appear in JEE Advanced if secured 62% in 12th BSEB and scored 121 marks in JEE Main?
  6. Can a 12th passed student with 70% marks from BSEB apply for JEE Main? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I apply for JEE Advanced after completion of JEE Main if scored 62% marks in 12th?
  8. How to apply for JEE Main after 12th? What are the question asked in JEE Main?
  9. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study Aerospace in IIT for a candidate who has secured 72% in 12th BSEB?
  10. Can I apply for JEE Advanced after completion of JEE Main if, scored 62% marks in 12th?
  11. Can I apply for JEE Advanced after completion of JEE Main if, scored 62% marks in 12th?
  12. Am I eligible to reappear in 12th and apply for JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from BSEB and pursuing Polytechnic Diploma?
  13. Can I study B.Tech if secured 76.6% in 12th BSEB and scored 112 marks in JEE Main being a PD candidate?
  14. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  15. All India ranking of JEE Main if got 129 marks and belongs to OBC? Chances to be eligible for JEE Advanced? -- [New]
  16. How can I get scholarship to study B.Tech if secured 4321 rank in JEE Main and 97% in 12th BSEB?
  17. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in NIT, Jamshedpur for a candidate who has secured 69% in 12th BSEB?
  18. Percentage criteria to appear in JEE Advanced for 12th BSEB candidate?
19th July 2016, 07:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced if secured 79% in 12th from BSEB and belongs to ST category and 60% disabaled?

Yes, you can surely apply for JEE Main with the marks you have got in your class 12th. Eligibility for JEE advanced will be based on the performance in the JEE Main.

Hence, at the moment you can be prepared for first stage and after qualifying it you will be eligible for next stage. Handicapped candidates are definitely eligible for it. You will get reservation benefit too.
19th July 2016, 10:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced if secured 79% in 12th from BSEB and belongs to ST category and 60% disabaled?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard with 79% aggregate marks from BSEB Board being a ST Candidate. To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you have to qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination. Only candidates who have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. Since, you have passed 12th standard with 79% aggregate marks from BSEB Board, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
20th July 2016, 12:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have passed 12th from BSEB and I have got 79% marks. Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced? Eligibility criteria for a Handicapped(60%) candidate and belongs to ST category?
Yes, BSEB students are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Advanced exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years. Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
20th July 2016, 02:17 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to say you that definitely you can apply for JEE Main and Advanced after scoring 79% of marks in class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with a minimum of 75% of marks in it are eligible to appear for JEE Main and Advanced.
20th July 2016, 03:39 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much apply for JEE Main) and JEE(Advanced) examination with the marks you have scored belonging to ST category and having scored 60% in aggregate as the minimum eligibility criteria is that a candidate should have cleared his/her 12th standard from a recognized board.
20th July 2016, 04:50 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is no special eligibility criteria for the students who are handicapped.

The eligibility criteria for JEE is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2 with Maths + Physics as the subject combination.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 65% marks in the 12th (60% for reserved categories).

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for JEE which tells that you are very much eligible for the JEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?