20th August 2016, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for bank exams on the basis of 12th after failing in CPT attempt?

Sir, I have passed my 12th with a total score of 790 and 93 in commerce. I couldn't get through my CPT in 1st attempt. I lost it with 7 marks. I want to give another try in the month of December. In the meanwhile, can I appear for bank exam what would you advice?

20th August 2016, 08:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for bank exams on the basis of 12th after failing in CPT attempt?

No being a Class 12th passed candidate you are not eligible for joining banking sector as for the same the minimum educational requirement is a bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

Once you completed your bachelor's degree, you will be eligible for the job of bank clerk and bank probationary officer in nationalized bank of India but for the same you will have to clear their respective entrance examinations such as IBPS Bank Examination or SBI Bank examination.

--> Apart from the educational qualification, the other qualifications which you must have to appear in these examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 28 years for the post of bank clerk where as within 21 years to 30 years for the post of bank PO ( Probationary Officer ).

* You must have the knowledge of working on computer as the banking works are computer based. Also you must have good communication skills too.

For further details about the above mentioned examinations you can refer to their respective official links which are www.ibps.in or www.sbiexam.com.
20th August 2016, 08:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for bank exams on the basis of 12th after failing in CPT attempt?

For bank exams you need at least a degree qualification in any discipline. On the basis of class 12th there isn't any bank exams available for you.
Hence, at the moment you are not eligible. Just appear for CPT again and try to get admission in a degree course if your aim is a banking job in government banks.
20th August 2016, 08:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For bank exams you need at least a degree qualification in any discipline. On the basis of class 12th there isn't any bank exams available for you.

Hence, at the moment you are not eligible. Just appear for CPT again and try to get admission in a degree course if your aim is a banking job in government banks.
20th August 2016, 08:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates with 10+2 are not eligible to appear for entrance examination for recruitment in banking jobs.

For recruitment in banking jobs the eligibility is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

The age limit is between 20-30 years ( varies with different entrance examination as well as post ).

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for entrance examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ibps.in.
20th August 2016, 09:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can appear for bank examinations on basis of 12th standard even if you have failed in CPT examination. There is no relation between Bank examinations and CPT examination, so, you can try in also possible ways and you can appear in all examinations which you are eligible. There are many less bank jobs on basis of 12th standard, if you can satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification released by bank, you can appear in bank examination.
20th August 2016, 09:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can appear for the bank examinations on the basis of class 12th qualification after the completion of class 12th. Candidates those who have completed class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks are eligible to appear for the bank exams. You can apply for the IBPS, SBI, RRB etc after the completion of class 12th for clerical cadre posts in various Banks.
20th August 2016, 11:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have passed my 12th with a total score of 790 and 93 in commerce. I couldn't get through my CPT in 1st attempt. I lost it with 7 marks. I want to give another try in the month of December. In the meanwhile, can I appear for bank exam what would you advice?
No, you can't apply in Bank exam after completion of 12th standard.

The minimum educational qualification required for Bank exam is graduation degree from a recognized University.

Your age should be below 30 years.
20th August 2016, 11:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required for any bank entrance exam is graduation. Those who have done graduation or in final year of bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for bank exams.

You are not eligible for bank exams on basis of 12th. It is better for you to concentrate on preparation of Common Proficiency Test and study well to clear in December exam.
20th August 2016, 11:58 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for banking entrance examination. The examination is conducted by IBPS, SBI etc. for recruitment of candidates in jobs.

The minimum qualification required to appear for Clerk, PO examination is bachelor degree in any discipline with passing percentage.

So, you need to pursue degree to appear for entrance examination. You can also appear for examination after CA course.
21st August 2016, 04:12 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not yet eligible if you have not completed your graduation from a recognized University, as the minimum eligibility criteria in order to apply for the examination is that a candidate should have completed his/her graduation from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?