2nd April 2016, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Why my 9 years old daughter is not eligible for 5th CBSE while she is studying in 4th standard?

Hi,
My daughter is 9 years old. Right now she is studying in 4th standard in a CBSE school. When we inquired for an admission in 5th standard in a new CBSE school, they replied that she is not eligible for 5th but eligible for 4th standard. Now we are little bit confused. So anybody help in giving a clear explanation.

Related Questions:
  1. According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?
  2. Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old?
  3. Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  4. Will my daughter be considered as a local candidate if she studied in Hyderabad upto 4th standard and rest in Mumbai and AP?
  5. Eligibility to get admission in CBSE for 10 years old 5th standard student?
  6. Age criteria for CBSE 10th board exam as per CBSE norms?
  7. Would my daughter be able to appear for 10th class CBSE from Army or KV when her DOB is 16/11/2011?
  8. Whether 4th CBSE student is eligible to apply for scholarship?
  9. Whether a 5th standard student of 10 years old is eligible to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam?
  10. Whether an 11 years old candidate is eligible to get admission in 6th CBSE after completed 5th from WB syllabus?
  11. At what age a 9 years old 4th CBSE student can appear in 10th Board examination?
  12. Languages to be studied in 5th standard after shifting to Saudi from Kerala?
  13. Candidate of 14.5 years old can appear in cBSE 2016 board exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Whether a candidate can get admission in CBSE school of Thane after migration from Mumbai?
  15. Can I face any difficulty at the time of 10th CBSE if studying in 5th standard at the age of 10 years?
  16. Am I eligible to write Karnataka, CET? I studied up to 10th Standard,outside India (CBSE) and I am studying in 12th from Karnataka. My parents belong to Karnataka
  17. Admission procedure in 5th and 9th standard at BHU, Banaras for 4th and 8th female students?
  18. State board syllabus is useful for my kid or should I put him in CBSE board?
3rd April 2016, 07:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why my 9 years old daughter is not eligible for 5th CBSE while she is studying in 4th standard?

The minimum age required for a child to be eligible to get admission in CBSE school 5th standard is 9 years 6 months. This might be the reason that the new CBSE school had informed you that your daughter is not eligible to get admission in 5th standard. If the new CBSE school does not offer admission for your child in 5th standard then, it is best to continue her studies in the same CBSE school instead of changing to new CBSE school and creating new problems. By completion of her 10th standard, she will attain the age of 15 years and she is eligible to appear in 10th standard board examinations without any age problems.
3rd April 2016, 09:45 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why my 9 years old daughter is not eligible for 5th CBSE while she is studying in 4th standard?

Yes, she is very much eligible to get admission in class 5th in any of the CBSE Board School. If any of the school is not providing admission to your child, there might be some other reason behind it other than the age factor because your child satisfies the required age criteria.
However, if some schools are not providing admission to your child then you should probably ask them for a valid reason and in the mean while you can try in other schools also.
4th April 2016, 01:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility requirement I order for any child t be ale to appear for 10th board examination is 15 years, and therefore, she is not getting admission in 5th standard rather in 4th so that by the time she reaches 10th boards, she will be very much eligible to appear for her board examination.
4th April 2016, 09:54 PM
Quantum reply

Yes, she is eligible to study in class 5th of CBSE board. Mainly CBSE has defined the lower age limit criteria for class 10th and nursery.

The lower age limit criteria for class nursery is 4 years and for class 10th it is 14 years.

When your son will be in class 10th then he will be very well eligible to give the exam of class 10th.

Right now he is eligible to study in class 5th CBSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?