31st December 2014, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Mains & Advanced if appearing in 12th next year?

hello
i have done 10th class and i am appearing
12th class next year could i eligible
for jee advanced & mains both?
please reply as soon as possible

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear in JEE Mains & Advanced if appearing in 12th next year?
  2. Appearing in 12th Improvement exam will ruin my preparation for JEE Mains & Advanced? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I appear in JEE Advance next year as per the 3 attempts rule?
  5. Can I write JEE Advance next year?
  6. Possibility to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 92% in 12th and over 180 marks in JEE Mains?
  7. Coaching classes for preparation of JEE Mains & Advanced in Pune? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the syllabus of JEE Mains & Advanced?
  9. Can I get admission in NIT, Jalandhar/GNDU with 76 marks in JEE Mains and 62% in 12th?
  10. Previous year question papers and suitable books for preparation of JEE Mains & Advanced?
  11. Preparation tips for JEE Mains during the gap between 12th and JEE Mains entrance exam date?
  12. Procedure to apply and pattern of JEE Mains and Advanced? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced if appearing in 12th improvement exam and appeared in JEE Mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a SC candidate who has qualified in JEE Mains and secured 68.6% in 12th CBSE?
  15. Important topics and preparation tips for JEE Mains & Advanced?
  16. Can I get admission in any government college without appearing in JEE Advanced if scored 78 marks in JEE Mains? -- [New]
  17. Preparation tips for 12th science and NEET? Books for preparation of JEE Mains & Advanced?
  18. Can I get admission for civil engineering after scoring 48%
1st January 2015, 08:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Mains & Advanced if appearing in 12th next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
i have done 10th class and i am appearing
12th class next year could i eligible
for jee advanced & mains both?
please reply as soon as possible
Yes, you are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

List of the best books for IIT-JEE exam:-

Course In Physics For IIT-JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Course In Mathematics For IIT JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Problms And Solutions In Chemistry IIT-JEE
by
K Singh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2009)
1st January 2015, 02:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Mains & Advanced if appearing in 12th next year?

Yes, you can appear in JEE Mains and Advanced examinations when you are appearing in 12th standard i.e., in the year you are going to appear in your 12th standard examinations. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times in three consecutive years i.e., once when you are appearing in 12th standard and you can utilize other two chances in next two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination is two times in two consecutive years i.e., once when you are appearing in 12th standard and you can utilize other chance in next year after completion of your 12th standard. So, you can appear in JEE Mains and Advanced examination next year if you are appearing for your 12th standard examinations next year.
1st January 2015, 07:07 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who are studying 12th standard can apply for JEE main exam. If you can qualify JEE main exam then you are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced exam. To become eligible for JEE Advanced exam, you should score below 1,50,000 rank in JEE main exam (or) you should be one of the candidates, who have secured top 20 percentile in 12th standard in your respective board. This is the eligibility to appear for JEE main and Advanced exams.
29th July 2015, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 10th in2012. And passed 12 in 2014.but only scored 73%u2105.so l appeared in improvemen in 2015.but my jee mains rank was to low. So I want to appear in jee mains in 2016.and also wants to appear in 12 with different board.
Can I appear?
31st July 2015, 03:05 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

If you are currently studying Class 12 then you are eligible to appear in the JEE Main.
Once you have cleared the JEE Main cut off then you will be eligible for JEE Advanced.
If you cannot clear the JEE Main cut for that year then you will not be eligible for the JEE Advanced Examination.
So if you are in Class 12 you should prepare for the JEE Main Examination as you are eligible to appear in the Examination.
1st August 2015, 12:21 AM
pointer01

Yes, you can appear in JEE and class 12th also. But, firstly you have to pass class 12th and after that you can apply for JEE.

As to apply for JEE you must ahve 12th passed.You can attempt JEE Mains only for three times. After cracking JEE Mains you can apply for JEE Advance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?