1st September 2015, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I change school if my school forces me to take Maths along with PCB?

I am in class 11. I have opted for PCB but in our school maths is compulsory. I have heard taking both bio and maths creates chaos and students are unable to coap. Should I change school or continue. I am an average student? Can you please guide me?

1st September 2015, 05:34 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change school if my school forces me to take Maths along with PCB?

No school can force their students to take Mathematics as compulsory subject.
If your school is forcing you then just change your school as it will be very tough to study both subjects at the same time.
You should change your school and study those subjects that you are interested in.
1st September 2015, 07:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change school if my school forces me to take Maths along with PCB?

If your school has made it mandatory and everyone is following it then toy don't have any choice but to follow it. If your school don't give you TC then you will have difficulty in getting admission any other school.

In my view PCB with maths is a good combination for your career as it will provide you numerous options after 12th. If you don't get medical admission then you can go for engineering or any other maths related field. In my view maths in very important and you shouldn't leave it.
1st September 2015, 08:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can transfer or take admission in 11th standard in another school if you are not interested to take Mathematics along with PCB. To get admission in 11th standard in new school, you must have to obtain a Transfer Certificate, Bonafide Certificate and your 10th standard Marks sheet from your old school and you need to submit it in your new school where you wish to take admission in 11th standard. After completion of admission process, you will be offered admission in 11th standard.
1st September 2015, 09:58 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

You have opt PCB as your main subject, it is a good combination.
According to my view, it is not a problem in taking both mathematics and Biology simultaneously as a subject, rather than it would be beneficial for the candidate in future because the candidate will have knowledge of both the subjects.
If in future candidate opt for medical line, he/she can go for it with Biology. Otherwise if a candidate opt for engineering then also he/she can go for it with mathematics.
2nd September 2015, 02:06 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

At the time of admission in 11th standard , students need to choose a streaam out of science ,commerce and arts.
In science stream,students either choose combination of PCM(Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics) or PCB(Physics , chemistry and Biology).

Along with these three main subject, one language subject, mostly English, is compulsory and one extra subject.
It is not compulsory for students to choose Mathematics for science stream students who have chosen PCB combination.
Also, it is very difficult for either average or good students to manage both biology and mathematics.
So, if the school in which you are admitted presently forces you to take mathematics with PCB then you should change school as soon as possible.
You should contact school principle for the concern of this matter and try to resolve if possible otherwise you must change school.
2nd September 2015, 07:04 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change the school after passing class 11.

But the admission is available only if there is vacancy seat in another college. Also one has to mention the specific reason for changing the school.

If one want to take admission in another college, he/ she has to submit class 11 marks memo, transfer certificate and conduct certificate.

It you are really unable to cope with maths along with PCB then you can opt for another college. But my request is to continue in the same school with opting maths along with PCB. As it is not that much tough subjects. Practice makes man perfect.
2nd September 2015, 11:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to change the school in the class 11th if there is pressure from the school to pursue the Mathematics along with the PCB. As there is no such guidelines in any of the board that it is mandatory to have both Mathematics and the Biology in the board examination.

Even you can lodge a complain against the school in the board for forcing the child to opt both the Mathematics and the Biology as the main paper.
3rd September 2015, 10:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The combination is not that bad, it will however help you in the long run but however, if you feel to change the school you are currently studying in, you will be probably requiring a T.C. from you r current school along with all the other documents and then contact the prospective school for admission.
3rd September 2015, 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;5274407]I am in class 11. I have opted for PCB but in our school maths is compulsory. I have heard taking both bio and maths creates chaos and students are unable to coap. Should I change school or continue. I am an average student? Can you please guide me?

You have choice to change the school.If you are not comfortable with maths then you can change the school.
7th September 2015, 06:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you feel that you will not be able to cope with both the subjects simultaneously than you should go for medical only . Another thing there is not any school in India that has this right to force anyone to take both the subject. It is your right and I think you should complaint about this or you should change your school for your benefit . Otherwise you can continue with medical only in the same school if they understand.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?