13th November 2016, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I get my son admitted in UKG at the age of 4 years under ICSE board?

Respected Sir, My son is 4 years old and I am very keen to get him admit him in UKG under ICSE board. I want to know can I get my son admitted in UKG at the age of 4 years under ICSE board? If yes then please tell me the procedure for admission.

15th November 2016, 09:55 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get my son admitted in UKG at the age of 4 years under ICSE board?

I suggest you to wait for one more year as the minimum age to get the admission in ICSE board in UKG is 5 years. So, once your son reaches to 5 years, then take the admission. You can still try for that visit the school where you wish your son to study & there meets the principal & confirm with him.
15th November 2016, 11:28 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get my son admitted in UKG at the age of 4 years under ICSE board?

ICSE stands for Indian Certificate of Secondary Education and same is one of the three Central Boards of India providing education upto higher secondary level in English medium with its school across the whole India.

Yes you can definitely get your four year old son enrolled in UKG ( Upper Kindergarten ) in ICSE schools as per the norms of ICSE there is no age limit for admission in any Class officially. But one must satisfy the age criteria fixed by the concerned State board of education. Also one must satisfy other admission criteria required by your desired school.

So for getting details regarding the minimum age criteria for your concerned state you can refer to the official link of HRD Ministry of your concerned state.
15th November 2016, 11:30 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get your child admitted in class 1 in ICSE board at the age of 4 years there is no such problem in it, as the minimum age required for any candidate to opt for admission in the above standard is 3 years and 6 months,

Therefore, you need not worry as your child is eligible to apply for admission.
15th November 2016, 12:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, My son is 4 years old and I am very keen to get him admit him in UKG under ICSE board. I want to know can I get my son admitted in UKG at the age of 4 years under ICSE board? If yes then please tell me the procedure for admission.

Actually there is no age limit for admission in Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE) Council. For the admission to the 1st standard the student should complete 5 years. So your son can be admitted to UKG in the ICSE board school at the age of 4. The details can be seen in the website link of the Council for The Indian School Certificate Examinations, Click Here
15th November 2016, 08:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admit your son in UKG at the age of 4 years in ICSE Board school. The minimum age required for the child to take admission in UKG is 4 years as on 31st March of the year of examination. Your son must have studied LKG from any recognised board to apply for admission to UKG in ICSE Board. Since, your son is 4 years old, you can take admission for him in UKG in ICSE Board school.
15th November 2016, 09:36 PM
princekainth2

A student with age between 4-5 years can take admission in UKG class in ICSE board.

For admission process, you should approach school administration and fill up the application forms and provide some certificates of the kid which they want.
They could test your child if they want or they can simply give admission.
15th November 2016, 10:56 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The only criteria according to the CBSE/ICSE/other boards is the candidate should have completed 5 years of age at least at the time when he takes the admission in 1st standard.

You may calculate the age of your ward according to that and get him admitted if you find him eligible.
15th November 2016, 11:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

As per ICSE there is no age limitation to get admission in any std in any school recognised with it.

The Directorates of State Education board is responsible for declaring the minimum age criteria for admission in any std.

So, kindly visit the school to get more information about the admission details.
16th November 2016, 12:02 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

First thinh I would like to inform you that ICSE does not have any age criteria on the national level for admission in any Class. But as per the ICSE norms it follows the age criteria as dscided by the concerned state board of education in which the school lies.

So you can check age criteria of your state board of education to check whether your son is eligible or not for education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?