1st November 2016, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Can a candidate of 4 years & 10 months old able to get admission in UKG of CBSE Board?

Please make me clear what is the minimum age limit for admission to class LKG, UKG and Class 1st? My Daughter is 4 years and 10 months old. Would she be able to get admission this year in which only UKG is there according to CBSE?

2nd November 2016, 03:44 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a candidate of 4 years & 10 months old able to get admission in UKG of CBSE Board?

There is no age limitations as per CBSE for admission in any class.

The age limit to get admission in any class is decided by the Directorates of State Government for every school of the state.

So, to get detail about eligibility for admission in any std visit the school.
2nd November 2016, 06:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a candidate of 4 years & 10 months old able to get admission in UKG of CBSE Board?

Minimum age limit for admission in LKG, UKG and class First standred:-

Age limit for LKG, a child who is 3 and half year old is eligible to join in LKG .

Age limit for 1st standard, a child who is 5.6 years old is eligible to join 1st standard .

Age limit for UKG, a child who is 4. 10 years old is eligible to join UKG.
2nd November 2016, 09:12 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to get admission in the above mentioned class with the age you have mentioned above, as the minimum age required in order to apply for admission in Ukg in CBSE board is set at 3 years and 6 months.
9th October 2017, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Can a candidate of 6years old able to get admission in UKG of cbse board or ICSE board?
11th September 2018, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

My child date of birth is 5/01/2014.can I admission in UKg. Now he read in Kidzee in UK. But I think he is not capable for one class that's why I want to read admission in UKg.is it possible
13th August 2021, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

My child is 4 years 5 months as on June 2021. He born on Feb 2017. Can he join UKG(PP2) in CBSE standard. please confirm
15th April 2022, 03:41 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is generally no age limit for LKG students. However, there is a limit that your child should be at least 5 years of age at the time of admission in the 1st standard.

You can calculate the age factor likewise.

Such age factor has been kept for holistic development of children so that the brain can grasp the things being taught well.
28th April 2022, 03:42 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

You should contact school management. For admission to UKG the prescribed lower age limit in CBSE is 4 years and 6 months as of 30th June of the academic year. It means that for the academic year 2021-22 the children born after 31st December 2016 are not eligible for the admission to UKG
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?