15th October 2016, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the age requirement asked for ICSE based schools?

Sir/Mam,

I request your goodself to kindly highlight on the problem as mentioned under..:-
my sons date of birth is 25.11.2010 and he is in std senior k.g. and will be getting admission in class 1 for the session in present year. will he have any problem getting admission in any i.c.s.e board school?

15th October 2016, 11:29 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the age requirement asked for ICSE based schools?

There is no any proper guidelines by the board on the age limit to get the admission of the student of a candidate in any class.

It is the Directorate of State Government which decides the minimum age criteria to appear for the 10th board examination in the state schools not the board.

So, you need to visit the school to get the age limit to get the admission in Std I.
16th October 2016, 12:55 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Age requirements in ICSE Schools :

<> For LKG --- 3 years 6 months

<> For UKG -- 4 years 6 months

As per these age criteria you can calculate the age limits for any standard.

Similarly for 10th standard minimum 15 years should require.
16th October 2016, 10:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I request your goodself to kindly highlight on the problem as mentioned under..:-
my sons date of birth is 25.11.2010 and he is in std senior k.g. and will be getting admission in class 1 for the session in present year. will he have any problem getting admission in any i.c.s.e board school?
As per age criteria, he is eligible to get admission in any school under ICSE board.

Those candidates who have completed KG from a recognized board are eligible to get admission in one standard.

Candidates age should be below 7 years.
16th October 2016, 12:51 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There will be no such problem for your child to get admission in class 1 because of the age criteria as the minimum age required for any candidate to apply for admission in 1st standard is that he/she should have completed a minimum of 3 years and 6 months of age at the time of applying for admission.
16th October 2016, 02:54 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

If a student completed 5 years then he/she should join 1st standard in ICSE board schools. Actually there is no age limit set by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. The ICSE website link is given for your reference Click Here
16th October 2016, 05:33 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as your son's date of birth is 25/11/2010, so now his age is 5 plus and on 25/11/2016 he will be of 6 years as a result he can get admission in 1st standard (ICSE board) for the session of 2017-2018. As because the session of 2016-2017 has already been started.

Normally kids who have attained the age limit of 6 years are eligible to get admission in 1st standard without facing any problem. As your son is going to reach the age of 6 next month, so he can get admission in 1st standard in any ICSE board school.
16th October 2016, 05:52 PM
karishma singh kashyap
Member+

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Yes offcourse, your child can get Admission in class 1st standard. It needs a birth certificate at the time of admission. For admission you have to apply first for registration in school.registration is open through out the year. Usually the session starts from 1st week of the April every year.
After registration the school will get back to the parents to fix a mutually convenient date for the entrance test / interview. The admission test is designed so as to check the academic proficiency of the child based on the ICSE syllabus of the class in which the child is studying. Otherwise , your child shouldn't have any problem to face the interview because he have to give few introduction displaying his language skill. It shouldn't be so tough.visit the websites of schools to get the details and go for it. All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?