1st February 2017, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I give board exam without appearing in pre-board exam?

I have failed in maths and science in ICSE 2016 10th board exam and want to give 2017 10th board exams of all subjects again without giving the pre-board and terminal exam of 2017?

1st February 2017, 06:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give board exam without appearing in pre-board exam?

Most of the reputed schools are very strict and they won't allow any student to escape pre-board exams. They won't allow a student to appear for board exams, if they have any doubt regarding his performance. No school would want to spoil their results.

If registration is completed for board exams by school, then you can you pressurize them to appear for board exam even if you haven't appeared for pre-board. But, you must appear for pre-board because it will help you only.
1st February 2017, 11:16 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that without any valid reason you cannot opt for board examination without having appeared for pre-board examination. You will have to appear for the above mentioned examination and then opt for board examination.
2nd February 2017, 12:24 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that generally you cannot give your Board examinations of class 10th without appearing in the Pre-Board and Terminal examination as this is not possible as per the rules of any of the School. Since you have not appeared in the Pre-Board examination, how can you give your Board examination? However you can take permission from the Principal of your School if you have any valid reason to provide. If the School authorities will allow you to sit in the examination, then only you can give your Board examination.
26th January 2018, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

I Was Failed In SST Three Times. But If Do Great In Pre-Boards The Teacher Will Give Me Admit Card. Because My Teacher Was Saying That She Will Not Allow Me To Sit In. Board Exams
26th February 2018, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I failed in pre board and now my teacher are not allowing me to sit in board. I am from class 10. But by the rule of cbse it is mention that no school can failed a student by their pre board result, now should i complain to the court or what?
7th February 2019, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

I'm not well prepared for the icse10th board exam 2019 . How will I register for next year
11th February 2019, 09:47 PM
Maa Ka Pyar

Yes sir you can appear in board exam without appearing in pre-board exam. There is no such provision decided by any state board of education or cbse board of education but some school are very strict for the same they are asking for medical certificate or proper valid reason.
But don't leave your pre-board exam its the practice for your main board exam then you have to appear in this exam with full preparation.
Some times school authority decide the students performance by pre-board exam and suggest the students to work hard according then my suggestion for you don't miss this exam without proper reason.
23rd January 2020, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

If I fail in my pre boards exam in class 10th do I have to give again a pre boards to sit in board exam?
3rd February 2020, 06:20 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

If you fail in your pre-board examinations, you may get a chance to reappear in the examination it totally depends upon your school. However, the pre-board examination does not affect the board examination. So if you fail in the pre-board examination your board examination will not be affected.
3rd January 2021, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I'm not ready for pre boards, can I give boards without attending pre boards
23rd March 2021, 05:22 AM
Unregistered

Can i give board exam without appearing in pre-board exam?is this cause any effect to my board exams?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?