28th January 2018, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue pharmacy course on the basis of 10th?

I passed tenth science in 1985 , now I am a teacher but now I want to do Diploma pharmacy only just for getting knowledge of medicines can I do Pharmacy on based on tenth science pass.

28th January 2018, 10:11 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue pharmacy course on the basis of 10th?

No, you can't pursue Diploma in Pharmacy course on the basis of 10th standard. To be eligible to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy course, you should have passed Higher Secondary course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board. So, being a 10th passed candidate, you have to pursue 12th standard with PCB stream to be eligible to get admission for pursuing Diploma in Pharmacy course.
28th January 2018, 10:52 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue pharmacy course on the basis of 10th examination, neither you can pursue diploma in pharmacy after 10th standard. Because, for diploma in pharmacy, you should have completed your 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board. After that only you can get admission in colleges for bachelor's degree course in pharmacy.
28th January 2018, 12:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed tenth science in 1985 , now I am a teacher but now I want to do Diploma pharmacy only just for getting knowledge of medicines can I do Pharmacy on based on tenth science pass.

No, it is not possible to pursue the pharmaceutics courses on the basis of 10th qualification. Candidates with 10+2 or equivalent examinations in science stream with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics are eligible to study the Bachelor of Pharmacy course. Therefore, it is not possible to study any pharmacy (Diploma in Pharmacy or Bachelor of Pharmacy) course on the basis of 10th qualification. Duration of the Diploma in Pharmacy is two years and duration of the Bachelor of Pharmacy is four years.
28th January 2018, 01:38 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

Yes, you cam get admission in Diploma degree course from an Open university and then after completion of your degree successfully, you can pursue your career in it, there is no harm.

You can start your studies whenever you want to, you just need to have that passion inside you and I am sure you will do well. If you are so deemed to study that course, just go for it.

You can however be asked to appear for an entrance test conducted by the prospective institute you wish to get admission in and then after clearing your examination, you can get admission in the course to carry on further.
28th January 2018, 03:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to pursue pharmacy course on the basis of 10th.

The minimum qualification for diploma in pharmacy is 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognised board of education.

The duration of the course is 2 years and there is no any institute in India where 10th pass student can apply for diploma in pharmacy.

So you are not eligible for doing pharmacy course.
28th January 2018, 04:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Diploma on pharmacy is the lowest possible qualification available, which needs you to have class 12th qualification with Physics, Chemistry and Biology stream.

Hence, class 10th is not going to help you get admission in the said course. You need to take science stream with biology in class 11th and after 12th you can apply for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?