22nd November 2017, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I take Commerce stream if faile din PCM?

I had selected science stream and I got failed in PCM now what should I do? Can I take commerce stream because I don't think, I can keep up with science stream.

22nd November 2017, 07:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take Commerce stream if faile din PCM?

Yes, definitely if you think to that you can not keep up with the science stream then I would like to suggest you to take commerce or either arts stream.
So without wasting time you can go for arts or commerce stream depending upon your interest but make sure to work hard this time.
22nd November 2017, 08:05 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

If you are not comfortable with Science stream then I don't find anything wrong in changing Science stream to Commerce stream. PCM subjects are the rib of Science stream and if you failed in PCM collectively then I think it is good for you to change your stream to Commerce stream. But, let me inform you that commerce stream is not so easy, you have to give your best effort to complete your education with Commerce discipline.
22nd November 2017, 09:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can't change stream in class 12th, as you have failed in class 11th. You need to study from class 11th again with commerce stream, if you don't want to study science.

You can also opt for some diploma course too, if you are not interested in school studies. There are many vocational diploma courses available for you, to change stream.
22nd November 2017, 09:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have failed in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject in the examination, you again have to repeat in the same class in order to qualify in that respective class. You did not mentioned in which class you failed, so it is difficult to give you the exact suggestion.
However, if you want to opt for the Commerce stream, you then have to apply from class 11th in order to change the stream to Commerce.
22nd November 2017, 09:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can opt for Commerce stream after failing in 11th standard Science stream. Candidates who have passed 10th standard from a recognised board are eligible to pursue Commerce stream in 11th and 12th standard. Admissions in 11th and 12th standard Commerce stream are done through merit basis of 10th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
22nd November 2017, 10:04 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you got failed in your 11th or 12th standard in science stream then you have the option either to change the stream or to appear in the same stream exams next year but according to me it would be better for you to change your stream and repeat your 11th or 12th standard again with commerce or Arts stream as per your choice. If you think so that you are not capable of coping with science stream subjects than it is better to change the steam and complete your 12th standard with that stream.
22nd November 2017, 10:35 PM
ashfaquekhan316

Yes, you can very much take Commerce, if you feel that you cannot continue with science anymore, there is no point in wasting time behind a subject you do not want to study, however if you are willing to study science further, I would suggest you to move ahead with it and put some labor to it, but if you do not want to pursue science, then I would suggest you to kindly opt for commerce and proceed with your studies ahead.
23rd November 2017, 11:00 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had selected science stream and I got failed in PCM now what should I do? Can I take commerce stream because I don't think, I can keep up with science stream.

If you are studying Class XI then you can change from PCM to Commerce or Arts stream. If you are studying Class XII and failed, then it is better to reappear the examinations clear the failed papers. It is not advisable to study again two years Commerce stream after failing Class XII. The PCM is one of the best streams available so you can pursue the PCM stream. After completion of the PCM stream, you can study various courses like Engineering, Architecture, BSc Mathematics, BSc Statistics, BSc Physics, BSc Chemistry, BCA, Commercial Pilot, Merchant Navy etc.
23rd November 2017, 05:06 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can do so.

You have to apply for the 12th again through your school and get registered in the commerce stream again.

It is provisional to change the subject if you are not able to handle one. There wont be any problem in future.
23rd November 2017, 08:04 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you have failed in 12th from science stream and interested for Commerce stream, then you can do that first you have to complete 12th with science as after pursing science for 2 years it will be difficult for you to change your stream from Science to commerce and appear for 12th Commerce exam.

There will be also administrative difficulties to allow you for Commerce by the college authorities. If you are still not interested to appear for 12th science exam then you have to get admission to 11th class in commerce stream by wasting valuable time of two years.

So try to pass 12th with science and that can be easily if you have passed in all subjects except one or two which you can appear to clear first then apply for admission into B.Com course on the basis of marks scored in 12th science.
23rd November 2017, 09:03 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

As you have failed in 12th class in science stream, then in my option first you have to clear it otherwise you have to take your TC from your college and you have to take admission in college in commerce stream is same college or your interested college where you are interested .

In my option you can clear 12th class in science stream and then join in B.Com.
23rd November 2017, 10:23 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take Commerce stream, if you are not able to complete the Science stream. It is best to apply for supplementary examinations, prepare well for the examinations and clear your 12th standard. In case, if you are not able to complete your 12th standard even after appearing in Supplementary examinations then, it is best to take Commerce stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?