22nd November 2017, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in IIT next year, if I clear JEE with good rank?

I have passed my 12th exam in science stream with 70% and I want take admission in IIT next year as I will taking coaching this year. So, can I take admission in IIT next year, if I clear JEE with good rank?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?
  2. How to do marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering with 59%
  3. Can I take admission in NIT this year and write IIT JEE after failing in IIT JEE last year?
  4. Percentage required for open cast to take admission in IIT after Diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. How much marks needed to get a high rank in IIT JEE to get admission in IIT Delhi? Does 11th and 12th marks play and important role during out admission in a good IIT college?
  6. What is the rank expected in JEE Advance to get into IIT?
  7. Cutoff rank required in JEE Advanced to study B.Sc program in IIT? -- [New]
  8. How should we get a good rank in IIT JEE? Is junior or senior intermediate course for IIT important? Can I get a rank by learning for IIT in 2nd year?
  9. How much to score in IIT JEE so as to get a seat in Aerospace Engineering? In which colleges can I get admission after scoring below 9k rank in IIT JEE?
  10. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Tech after JEE exam?
  11. How to enter into the Aeronautical College to do B.Tech? Is there any specific exam for it?
  12. Exams to answer to get into Space Engineering?
  13. If I score good marks in IIT JEE will I get admission in IIMS and MERI?
  14. Where to do long term coaching for IIT JEE exam which is to be held 2 years later?
  15. In which stream I will get admission at IIT-Bombay if secured 2359 rank in JEE Advanced?
  16. How to get good rank in IIT JEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get admission in Electronics Department in IIT if I did not qualify JEE Main exam?
  18. Can I apply for IIT JEE counseling after scoring 13030 in IIT JEE? List of universities/colleges which I can get?
22nd November 2017, 08:37 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I take admission in IIT next year, if I clear JEE with good rank?

With regret I have to inform you that you are not eligible to take admission in IIT after completing 12th standard with 70% marks. Candidates those who are willing to take admission into IITs, must have completed 12th standard with at least 75% marks or should be among the top 20 percentile in the respective School Board examination.
22nd November 2017, 09:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in IIT next year, if I clear JEE with good rank?

This year score is valid for admission in the same year. You can't get admission next year with the help of score of this year.

Hence, either you need to take admission or appear for next year JEE again and admission will be possible in IIT, only if you have got an excellent rank.
22nd November 2017, 09:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT next year after completion of your 12th standard in Science stream with 70% aggregate marks this year. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream a recognised board are eligible to apply for admission in IIT in two consecutive years after completion of 12th standard. So, you can appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE and you can get admission in IIT next year.
22nd November 2017, 10:04 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in IITs as you are not eligible for it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 75% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the IITs.
Admission is based on the marks scored in the JEE Main and JEE advanced examination.
22nd November 2017, 10:42 PM
ashfaquekhan316

Yes, you can get admission in IIT in the concluding year, there is no such issue in it. you should try to score really well in your IIT(JEE mains) entrance examination as cracking the exam is not an easy task to do.

However, if you really study properly for one year, I am sure you will do well and will be able to crack the entrance test and get admission in IIT to continue with your further studies ahead.
23rd November 2017, 07:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for admission in any Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology (CFTIs ) like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM, etc. you are required to have completed your Class 12th with at least 75% marks ( or 65% marks in case you belong to reserved category candidates ). Students failing to cross this percentage barrier are eligible if they lie among the top 20 percentile candidates of their respective board of examination.

So having secured 70% marks in your Class 12th you are eligible for admission in CFTIs only if you satisfy the percentile norm unless you belong to reserved category.

Further for admission in IIT ( Indian Institutes of Technology ) you are required to qualify both stages JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) i.e; JEE Main and JEE Advanced with best ranks as admission in IITs is based on the performance in JEE only.

For more FAQs related to JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in .
23rd November 2017, 08:39 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take admission in IIT next year if you will able to qualify the entrance exam and as well as you will be able to score high marks and rank.
Now a days, so many students are there to drop one or two years for the preparation of exam and after 2 years or one appear in the entrance exam.
So, you can also appear.
23rd November 2017, 08:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely if you want to drop one year for the preparation of your exam then you can apply for admission next year also. You just need to show one year drop certificate that is affidavit made in tehsil.
There is no need to worry about it, you can go for it.
23rd November 2017, 10:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ) is a premier technical institute of India. Admission in undergraduate course is offered after qualifying in JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) conducted by CBSE and IIT.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 45%.

But, to appear in Advanced stage, it is mandatory that candidate must have qualified in Main stage and have scored aggregate which is more than 20 percentile of respective board.

To get detail information about examination visit at http://www.jeemain.nic.in
23rd November 2017, 10:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take admission in IIT next year by scoring good marks in JEE examination after completion of your 12th standard this year. You can apply for JEE examination in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. So, if you appear and score good marks in JEE next year, you can get admission in IIT for pursuing your higher studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?