26th September 2016, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Which course in computer science has best scope after 12th with PCM stream?

Hello, I passed 12th this year and I want to become an IAS officer. I know that I have to take a bachelor degree. But I am confused that which course I have to select now, actually I am a student of PCM stream but I am interested in computer science. Please tell me which course I have to select? Which course has a good scope?

Related Questions:
  1. Which has better scope between B.Sc computer science and BCA?
  2. Is there any scope of join computer science department after passing 12th in biology stream?
  3. Career options after 12th standard with PCM and Computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I pursue Computer Science after completing class 12th with (PCM)? Which college is the best for pursuing Computer Science course in Agra?
  5. How should I take up computer science after passing 12th PCM with Physics Edu?
  6. Which are the railway courses that I can opt after my 12th in PCM and Computer Science?
  7. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?
  8. What is the scope in BSc Biotechnology? What is the scope if I apply for it?
  9. What should I choose to do for graduation after completion of 12th in science stream?
  10. Which stream is better between ECE and Computer Science? Which has more scope?
  11. Which course should I pursue after completing class 10th to become a Software Engineer? -- [New]
  12. PCM & Engineering Drawing or PCM & Computer Science which stream to take in 11th to become a Civil Engineer?
  13. Can I opt Physics, Chemistry and Home Science to study in B.Sc after completion of 12th PCM?
  14. Should I migrate to IT stream being a B.Sc(Computer Science) student?
  15. Is it possible to do Architecture by taking commerce stream in +2? Duration of the course and scope after it?
  16. Which is the best course between Civil Engineering and Computer Engineering? Which would have good scope in 2020?
  17. Difference between computer science and computer science and engineering? Which one has a better scope?
  18. How to give IAS exam? I have completed 12th exam in PCM stream

26th September 2016, 04:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course in computer science has best scope after 12th with PCM stream?

As you are interested to become IAS officer and want to pursue a Degree Course in Computer Science hence I would like to suggest you to opt for BSc in Computer Science that is 4 year Degree Course.
Hence, BSc in computer science is best course for you as per both interest and career point of view.

26th September 2016, 05:17 PM
A033bhishek

Default Re: Which course in computer science has best scope after 12th with PCM stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I passed 12th this year and I want to become an IAS officer. I know that I have to take a bachelor degree. But I am confused that which course I have to select now, actually I am a student of PCM stream but I am interested in computer science. Please tell me which course I have to select? Which course has a good scope?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is also known as civil service exam.
Selection of IAS happens through three stages.
1. Preliminary examination
2. Mains examination
3. Personal interview

Preliminary exams consist of some fundamental questions. It will be your aptitude test and answers must be dealt in objective.
While mains examination will be totally descriptive. It will consist your question from the subject you choose in graduation.
Third one is personal interview which will check your presence of mind and the kind of thoughts you have.
>>> After successful completion in all the stages your name will be displayed in all India merit list.

so, choose any subjects in graduation but make sure you must have detailed knowledge of it.
Thanks.

26th September 2016, 05:41 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The candidate can choose any one of the course like B.E or B.Tech in Computer Science or B.Tech Information Technology or B.Sc Computer Science or B.Sc Information Technology or BCA are the best courses to study in graduation after 12th with PCM. To study the engineering courses one has to appear for entrance examination for the admission. The other graduation courses admission will be done directly. The above given courses are good courses and have good scope to pursue for candidates who wish to pursue their career in the computer science.

26th September 2016, 08:13 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.

26th September 2016, 10:22 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It all depends upon you that in which of the Graduation course you are interested to opt as to do IAS studies graduation in any of the discipline is required, there is no specific requirement.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University can opt for IAS studies examination.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?