10th October 2015, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Details and admission procedure of IIT for 12th student?

Respected Sir,
I am just doing my schooling studying in 12th standard and I just want to know more details of JEE Advanced and admission procedure of IIT? Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a student do B.E from IIT Delhi or any other IIT after PG?
  2. In which government colleges can I get after scoring 23 marks in GATE and 271 score?
  3. Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?
  4. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  5. How can I get admission in IIT under the scholarship scheme DASA? Is a Nepali student eligible?
  6. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  7. Details about admission procedure for IISET? What is the eligibility?
  8. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
  9. How to take admission in Rajasthan if I am a student of Mechanical Engineering? Procedure and fee structure details?
  10. What is the admission procedure for Ph.D in IIT?
  11. Can I get admission in IIM A after passing 12th? Procedure to get admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Does IIT offer B.Sc in Physics course? Procedure to get admission?
  13. Detailed procedure to apply for Training programme in IIT Roorkee for M.Sc(Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology) student?
  14. Procedure to get admission in NITs or IITs for M.Tech course being a student of BE in ECE?
  15. Details and procedure to get admission in Military school for 9th class student?
  16. What is the admission procedure to be followed for a Bangladeshi student to get seat in medical college at Kolkata?
  17. What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IIT?
  18. Various B.Com colleges for admission and their detailed procedure? Can I get admission with 58% in 12th?
15th October 2015, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details and admission procedure of IIT for 12th student?

To get admission in IIT after completion of your 12th standard, you must have to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examinations. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, the candidate must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. By qualifying and securing top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to get admission in JEE Advanced examination. By qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in IIT.
15th October 2015, 11:26 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

There is nothing much complicated in IITs and NITs. You are a student of class 12th and if you want to join IIT then you must have to work hard.IIT is not a simple institute in which you can get admission easily there is very hard compition among the students for iit approximately 14 to 16 lakh students per year appear for jee mains exam and out of those only 1.5 lakh students are selected for appearing in jee advance exam. first you have to apply for jee mains and the examination date is in the month of may and the results for jee mains got declared within a month and if you are able to crack the jee mains that is according to the cut off then you will be able to appear in jee advance and by cracking jee advance you can get admission in IIT. And this is not a piece of cake for everyone only those who studied well and work hard will be able to get IITs.
18th October 2015, 02:19 PM
aaditya choudhari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am just doing my schooling studying in 12th standard and I just want to know more details of JEE Advanced and admission procedure of IIT? Waiting for your reply.
To get into IIT you should get 60% in 12th pcm. Also you have to appear for jee mains and if you are qualified in that you have to appear for advance and have to clear that .and if you cracked that exam ypu will got result in rankimg in all i dia which is AIR RANK .and based on your rank and 12th % and pcm % you will got admission in one iit among the nine.
22nd October 2015, 02:10 PM
sumitsingh270596

IIT stands for Indian institute of technology.
To get admission in any IIT college you must have to face the entrance examination.IIT JEE(joint entrance examination) which is conducted by CBSE (central board of secondary education) every year.
Firstly you have to give JEE MAINS paper after qualifying in it you will be able to face JEE ADVANCE after which your rank will decide the college and stream.

To face the IIT entrance examination you must have to prepare according to the prescribed of CBSE that will help you alot in score a good rank.
Don't ready any stuffs apart from CBSE that may distract you from your path.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?