7th February 2014, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Do I have any chance of getting into IIT as per the circumstances?

I am a in class 9 in apeejay branchand i m going to join sum coaching classes ta fiitjee or vmc.... i really want to get into iit.....but m nt sure if i will be able to do so because of the huge competition and also only 1 out of 100 students get a seat in iit..... also another thing that makes me unsure is that in our school records noone has made it into it recently in the past 3 year or mayb since longer....also m nt a gifted child but m ready to work hard and from 75 % in 8th class i have increased my % to almost 87% and in my class including all the sections the highest % is 90%...i m 5 in 100 students in my class.....m i good enough

13th February 2014, 03:41 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Do I have any chance of getting into IIT as per the circumstances?

The first biggest mistake which we do as a student is to "compare" us with another student which is not a good practice at all. So, thinking that there is no one from your school as been to IIT, 1 out of 100 getting selected IIT etc. all those things just keep aside and just make yourself know that "I CAN DO IT".

You might think that it's just being OPTIMISTIC and nothing else but that's not it , if you want to see yourself in IIT after 3-4 years then you need to believe in yourself that you will achieve it, if not there is no point going to FIITJEE or whatever classes to prepare for IIT.

So, at first fix this in mind that you will be getting a seat in IIT and then just start working hard as you can for now because once you reach the destination your entire life will pay for your hard work.

I can see you are really a hard worker by the marks getting increased from 8th to 9th grade, if you follow the same phase then for sure you will easily get the seat in IIT..

Just make sure that you properly balance between your regular studies and FIITJEE classes every day without fail. Try to prepare a schedule accordingly and make sure you follow it everyday without any other issues.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?