27th November 2014, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

What really UPSC is? What to study after 12th for it? What are all exams under UPSC?

i'm in 12th -cbsc,science stream.i'm not interested in engineering.i'm planning to do upsc after 12th.but i won't have much information about it. please help me to know about it deeply --what upsc really is,what to study and how to prepare for it,list of optional subjects,all the exams need to given by me,at which places there is a need for me to be perfect,other things and topics i should know about,and other basic and important knowledge about it.
please help!
thankyou.

27th November 2014, 11:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What really UPSC is? What to study after 12th for it? What are all exams under UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm in 12th -cbsc,science stream.i'm not interested in engineering.i'm planning to do upsc after 12th.but i won't have much information about it. please help me to know about it deeply --what upsc really is,what to study and how to prepare for it,list of optional subjects,all the exams need to given by me,at which places there is a need for me to be perfect,other things and topics i should know about,and other basic and important knowledge about it.
please help!
thankyou.
Yes, after 12th standard you can apply for UPSC exams like NDA and SCRA exam.

National Defence Academy is conducted by Union Public Service Commission to recruit the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy.

Those candidate who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for NDA Exam. Candidates who have done 12th without having Mathematics and Physics subject are eligible for NDA exam but only in Indian Army post.

The candidates age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November. You can get the latest notification about the exam in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who have doing final year of 12th examination can apply for this examination.

Those who have a completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics may also eligible to apply for this examination and there is no percentage bar required to apply for SCRA examination.

The candidates age should be in between 17 years to 21 years.
27th November 2014, 11:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What really UPSC is? What to study after 12th for it? What are all exams under UPSC?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and conducts examination for recruiting Officer Grade employees in Central Government offices.

Therefore, if you want to become an officer then UPSC exams is one of the best option. There are many exams conducted for various posts. Some of the exams that are conducted by UPSC are listed below.

1. NDA Examination (For 10+2 pass candidates who want to become Officer in Defence Services).

2. SCRA Exam: For those who want a officer level job in Indian Railway after 10+2 PCM or Diploma in Engineering.

3. UPSC Civil Services Exam: Any Graduate can apply for this exam.

4. UPSC Engineering Services Exam: Only Engineering Graduates can apply for it.

5. Indian Economic Services and Indian Statistical Services Exam: Master's Degree in Economics and Master's Degree in Statistics is needed for it.

6. Indian Forest Services Exam: For those who want to become a Forest officer. Graduation in relevant discipline is required for this exam.

Preparation depends on you and you have to figure out what suits you. Most of the people join a study circle for preparation, which is one of the best option due to the vast syllabus of UPSC exams.
For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
14th March 2016, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

i'm in 12th -comm stream.i'm not interested in graduation.i'm planning to do upsc after 12th.but i won't have much information about it. please help me to know about it deeply --what upsc really is,what to study and how to prepare for it,list of optional subjects,all the exams need to given by me,at which places there is a need for me to be perfect,other things and topics i should know about,and other basic and important knowledge about it.
please help!
thankyou.
14th April 2016, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I want to apply for upsc for being a good ips officer.I am in 12 now. How to go further after 12 towards IPS post ? Please help me to solve my problem .
24th December 2017, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

I'm in 11th PCM now and will be in 12th by the time. I want to become an IAS officer. Should I appear for JEE exam? Will it be waste of time? How can I reach UPSC?
Please help me.
Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?