23rd June 2018, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

ICSE or Gujarat State Board, which is better for studying in 9th standard?

Hello friends, my son is studying in 8th standard from Gujarat Board. I don’t want to continue his schooling with Gujarat Board. Instead, I am thinking to admit him in a ICSE school. So, I would like to know that which Board is better for 9th standard admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to transfer from ICSE Board to Gujarat State Board for 11th standard?
  2. List of Punjab State Board affiliated Government schools which offer admission in 9th standard in Patiala?
  3. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  4. Which is easy to study in HS Science among ICSE, CBSE or Gujarat State Board?
  5. Can I appear in 10th ICSE Board exam privately without studying 9th? Procedure of registration?
  6. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Possibility of transfer to ICSE 10th standard from CBSE 9th standard?
  8. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  9. Should I have to choose stream in 9th standard if studying in ICSE Board?
  10. English Literature syllabus of 9th ICSE?
  11. Should I join Pathfinder being a 9th ICSE student?
  12. Possibility to get transfer from ICSE to UP State Board for 9th student?
  13. Is it beneficial to transfer from ICSE Board to Gujarat State Board for H.S. education?
  14. List of ICSE affiliated schools offering admission in 9th standard in Cuttack?
  15. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  16. List of scholarships available for 9th ICSE student of Delhi
  17. Possibility to transfer from ICSE Board to study 10th CBSE for 9th student?
  18. Tips to score good marks in 9th ICSE exam
25th June 2018, 07:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ICSE or Gujarat State Board, which is better for studying in 9th standard?

Let me tell you that you can join any coaching institute for the preparation of your 10th board examination until and unless you feel that you are very in need of coaching. Because sometimes coaching classes give so much stress to the student that they cannot handle it and you won't be able to perform well in your examination so I think you should focus on your study and whatever that is provided to you by your teachers in the school that is enough to score good marks in your 10th board examination.
26th June 2018, 10:43 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ICSE or Gujarat State Board, which is better for studying in 9th standard?

ICSE board is a little tougher in comparison to state board because the syllabus is of higher standard. But if you will complete your ninth standard from ICSE board then you have to complete your 10th standard from the same board. If you feel that you can really cope up with the syllabus of ICSE board and you can handle the pressure of studies then definitely ICSE board would be better for you otherwise you should go for state board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?