30th May 2016, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Possibility of transfer to ICSE 10th standard from CBSE 9th standard?

My son has been an ICSE board student till 8th in Mumbai. Due to his father's transfer to a different state , he got admission in a CBSE school for 9th in this new state. As I (mother) have to resume my office back in Mumbai after completion of my leave, I want to shift him back in ICSE board for 10th in Mumbai. Is it possible ?

31st May 2016, 07:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of transfer to ICSE 10th standard from CBSE 9th standard?

This is not possible as your candidature in 9th standard was cancelled and transfer certificate was given to your son for admission in CBSE school in other state. Your son can get admission in ICSE school again in Mumbai but he will not get admission in tenth standard directly.

You can get admission of your son in ICSE school in 9th standard and they will again fill form for board exams in 9th standard then only he can appear for ICSE board exams next year. In this whole process, there will be loss of one complete year of academics. It is better if you can transfer your son to Mumbai after board exams of tenth.
31st May 2016, 07:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of transfer to ICSE 10th standard from CBSE 9th standard?

No, you are not eligible to transfer to ICSE ( Indian Council of Secondary Education). So, you have to continue your 10th from CBSE board.

If you are interested in changing the board you have to make a gap year. For more information visit at the official website of board.
31st May 2016, 11:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No now it is not possible for him to change his board in class 10th to ICSE board because registration is done in class 9th for the board exam in class tenth. So it would be beneficial for him to do his tenth standard from same board.
1st June 2016, 04:49 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get transferred to ICSE 10th standard from CBSE 9th grade as there is no such provision for it.

You will therefore have to continue with your studies in CBSE board itself and not in ICSE board. However, if you so wish to get admission in ICSE board, you will have to get admission in 9th standard and then after clearing your 9th class, you will be very much eligible to appear for 10th boards under ICSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?