14th March 2017, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to pass in both theory and practical exams separately?

If I got 14 numbers in theory papers in out of 60 but my college give 25 number out of 40. So, I mean me pass or fail according to CBSE B.E system.

15th March 2017, 02:43 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to pass in both theory and practical exams separately?

Yes, you have to pass both theory exam and practical exam separately. No matter how much marks are awarded by your school, if you have scored only 14 marks out of 60 in theory exam, then you will be considered failed in this exam.
Now, you have to apply for reappear in the exam. You should take help from previous year papers to ge good marks. Solve previous paper to understand the exam pattern and time management.
15th March 2017, 02:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to pass in both theory and practical exams separately?

First thing I would like to let you know that your information is not clear as you have asked about the norms followed by CBSE and in case of CBSE the Physics paper is divided into two papers which includes a theory paper of 70 marks and practical paper of 30 marks.

Also as per the CBSE norms a student has to clear both this papers separately by securing at least 23 marks in theory paper and 12 marks in practical paper for being considered as a pass candidate.

Now if you are a student of some other board of education which follows the CBSE norms for passing or failing a candidate then you need to qualify both theory and practical papers of Physics to be considered as a passed candidate. Further I would like to let you know that passing percentage and passing norms of different board of examination varies and hence you must clarify your query with your school management or mention your board of examination in new thread.
15th March 2017, 04:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes as per the rules it is necessary for a candidate to pass both in theory and practical separately. Moreover you have to consult your university website about the marking scheme because it may change from University to University also.
Otherwise it is a compulsion to pass separately in both the exams.
15th March 2017, 06:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

It is necessary to secure passing marks both in theory as well as practical examination separately.

Passing marks in CBSE in theory papers is 35%. It means that you need to score 21 marks out of 60 marks to pass in theory and 14 marks in practical is passing marks.

You have failed in theory papers according to CBSE.
15th March 2017, 08:20 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely it is very much necessary to pass in both theory and practical examination separately as both of them are important for each of the subject having theory and practical examination. In order to pass in the theory paper, you must score a minimum of 23 marks to qualify in it.
15th March 2017, 09:33 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, Yes, definitely you need to qualify in both the theory as well as practical examination separately. As you say you got 14 numbers in theory papers in out of 60 then sorry to say you are fail because assessment marks will be considered if you have to passed in your theory paper.
15th March 2017, 11:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The minimum passing percentage of marks is 35% both in theory as well as practical.

You have failed in theory paper, minimum passing marks is 21 marks out of 60 marks, you have got 14 marks only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?