5th June 2015, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Possibility of changing stream in 12th after getting failed in 12th while doing it in part time mode?

I have failed in class 12th may I change stream while again giving 12th exam private.

Your answers will realy help me alot.

Thanks

5th June 2015, 11:16 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of changing stream in 12th after getting failed in 12th while doing it in part time mode?

No, you can't change your stream after getting failed in 12th class as private candidate.

You have to pass your 11th class again from the desired stream and then you can take admission in 12th again. You have to complete your 11th and 12th class from beginning.
5th June 2015, 11:19 AM
savneybillford

Default Re: Possibility of changing stream in 12th after getting failed in 12th while doing it in part time mode?

Yes it is allowed. I dont exactly know about different boards but since you havent mentioned which board you study in I will just give you the information that I know. This referee to Karnataka board.

It is possible for a candidate to change the stream from science to commerce or arts. I hope you are a science student. If you are a commerce student then it is not possible to choose science.

For this you are to approach the head of the institution. They will guide you with the process.
5th June 2015, 04:29 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Possibility of changing stream in 12th after getting failed in 12th while doing it in part time mode?

No its not possible stream in any central Board or state board you can repeat the class again but can't change the subjects because registration is done in 11th class for 12th Board exams so i suggests you if you have any personal contacts in any school then contact them may be they will adjust you in their school but otherwise no on school provides admission
But NIOS board will provide you admission in 12th class directly with the desired subjects (National institute of Open Schooling) they just ask 10th class marksheet from any recognized board or school
5th June 2015, 05:19 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear Most important thing you should remember is You can give " Supplementary Exam for failed subject " if you want to pass in 12th. Or else you can restart 12th by wasting a time for 2 years again.

And through 2nd option you will have a chance to chose " Another stream " there is No limit on time. But it could be done through private or distance mode.

I want to tell you that it will be possible only when you have got failed in 12th in all subjects. If you have failed one subject then you can give examination for that subject only.

Or if you want to improve the marks in specific subject then you can try to give " Betterment " for specific or all subjects.

Hope you will get the required information.
5th June 2015, 08:02 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

No you can not change the stream being in 12th standard.

Yes possibilities would be there if you are in 11th standard.

The other reason is that you had mentioned stream in
the board exam application form . the data already saved in the original form.

So if you are willing to change the stream,you need to do 11th again.

Good luck
22nd July 2019, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I did my 12 from PSEB with arts. NOW I WANT TO PURSUE 12 with science. Can I do it from open school
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?