28th January 2018, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to appear in NEET 2019 after taking arts stream?

I have completed my 10th in 2015. I gave my 11th and 12th through HSC board through arts. Now I am interested in pursuing medical. If I reappear in my 11 and 12 for two years biology criteria. Is it possible for me to appear for NEET 2019.

28th January 2018, 11:08 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in NEET 2019 after taking arts stream?

No, it is not possible to appear in NEET 2018 after pursuing arts stream in 12th standard. If you repeat 12th standard with Medical Science stream then, you are eligible to apply for NEET examination. The maximum age criteria required to apply for NEET examination is 25 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. You should have to secure at least 50% (45% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks in your 12th standard from a recognised board to be eligible to apply for NEET 2019 examination.
28th January 2018, 11:38 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to appear for NEET examination, you have to complete your 12th standard with PCB/M subjects and should have scored minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. Reserved category candidates will get marks relaxation as per government rules. You must be an Indian citizen and your age should not exceed 25 years. Hence, you can still appear for NEET examination in the year 2019.
28th January 2018, 12:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 10th in 2015. I gave my 11th and 12th through HSC board through arts. Now I am interested in pursuing medical. If I reappear in my 11 and 12 for two years biology criteria. Is it possible for me to appear for NEET 2019.

No, it is not possible to appear in NEET 2019 after studying art stream. Eligibility to appear for NEET is a pass in higher secondary examinations or 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English as subjects with at least 50% marks. Students should have completed at least 17 years of age for appearing NEET. Students can attempt only three times for the NEET. Therefore, it is not possible to appear for the NEET after completion of arts stream. To appear in the NEET one should have studied the above mentioned subjects in 10+2.
28th January 2018, 01:39 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

Yes, you can appear for your NEET examination if you have completed your 11th and 12th with science stream, there is no such problem in it. You should try to score a well as possible in your board examination.

Cracking NEET is not an easy task, therefore I suggest you to take up your studies a bit seriously and start your preparation at the earliest.
28th January 2018, 04:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to appear in NEET 2019 after taking arts stream.

Eligibility criteria for NEET Exam:-

Educational qualification:-

The candidate should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognised board.

Candidate must secure minimum 50% marks of general category candidates.

Who are in the 12th standard can also apply.

Nationality:-

Candidate must be the citizen of India.

Age limit is between 17 years to 25 years. There is 5 years relaxation for candidates belonging to SC / ST/ OBC category.
28th January 2018, 05:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't appear for NEET, if you have studied arts stream. You need to have class 12th qualification with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with at least 50% marks.

Arts stream students can only go for courses related to their own field. Medical courses require science with biology as one of the subject.
28th January 2018, 06:52 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear in NEET examination:

- One must have passed 10 + 2 with PCB from a recognised board.

- Minimum percentage required to appear in this exam is 50% and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved categories.

- Minimum age should not be less than 17.

You are not eligible to appear in this medical entrance exam because you are arts student.
28th January 2018, 09:10 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can appear for NEET entrance exam after qualifying 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board. There is age limitation for appearing in NEET entrance examination, so make sure you haven't exceeded 25 years of age which is the upper age limitation.
28th January 2018, 09:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that, as per the minimum eligibility criteria of medical entrance exam , a candidate must have passed 10 + 2 with medical stream with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board. As you have passed your 10 + 2 with Arts stream hence you are not eligible to appear in this NEET examination.
29th January 2018, 01:01 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for appearing in NEET 2019 Entrance Examination with the above mentioned educational qualification criteria. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible.

<> To be eligible, you must have completed 12th class with the below mentioned subjects only. They are,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Biotechnology or Biology

<> As you are done with 12th Class with Arts stream, you may not be eligible for appearing in NEET Examination 2019. You must definitely meet the above mentioned subjects criteria during 12th Class.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?