28th January 2018, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

Do I need to give board exams again if I have74.56% in 12 PCM?

I had given my boards in 2017 and I got 74.56% though this are less according to JEE advanced eligibility, but I came under top 20 percentile and I have dropped one year and I have to give JEE advanced in 2018. So, does I have to give boards again? Will this cutoff of top 20 percentile for 2017 will change in year 2018?

Related Questions:
  1. What exams should I give after 12th board exam? I am in class 12th PCM
  2. CBSE board allows to change in class 11 and class 12?
  3. Procedure to apply for improvement exams in MP board?
  4. Is there any way I can give board exams privately?
  5. Can I give supplementary exam at the time of placement if have less than 60% in PCM?
  6. Improvement exam is there in M.P. Board or I will have to repeat the board exams again?
  7. How and where to appear as an Isolated candidate to give 11th and 12th exams with PCM?
  8. Which exams am I eligible after completion of 12th with PCM?
  9. Is it possible to give 12th board exam from Bihar Board
  10. Am I eligible to apply for law exams in India after completion of 11th PCM? -- [New]
  11. Can I do Aeronautical Engineering for PG after graduating from Mechanical Engineering? Which are the colleges in India offering Aeronautical Engineering in graduation and post graduation levels? Which are the colleges in Kerala State?
  12. Can I give Re exam through chattisgarh board after appearing for Maharashtra state board for standard 12th science
  13. Information about all the competitive exams going to be conducted for PCM stream in 2016?
  14. Entrance exams to do B.Pharmacy course? PCM student will face any problem for admission?
  15. What should I do after completion of 12th Class in PCM from CBSE Board to become an IPS Officer?
  16. Should I have to appear in BITSAT again after qualifying if apply for Maharashtra Board Improvement exams?
  17. Which entrance exam can I give after passing 12th PCM
  18. If I appear for board exams again will my 2nd attempt for IIT JEE be considered as 1st?
28th January 2018, 11:22 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to give board exams again if I have74.56% in 12 PCM?

Yes, it is best to improve your 12th standard marks by appearing in Improvement examinations of your 12th standard. You may or may not be in top 20 percentile of higher scorers of board examinations next year. So, if you improve your 12th standard percentage by appearing in Improvement examinations then, by qualifying and securing top 2,00,000 rank in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
28th January 2018, 01:57 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

No, you do not need to appear for your board examination once again if you have already cleared your board examination once. you should just prepare well for your entrance examination and try to score as well as possible in order to get admission in any good university to carry on with your further studies.

You do not need to appear for your 12th boards again.
28th January 2018, 05:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are not satisfied with your marks, then you should have appeared for improvement exams. If you are not able to clear JEE Advanced this year, then you can try next year.

There will be no problem, if you score better next year, but there is no guarantee that you will get admission next year. Hence, take your decision carefully.
29th January 2018, 12:41 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in JEE Advanced Examination:

Yes, you are required to give improvement examination in order to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced Examination is 12th Class from a recognized university.

Besides this, you must have secured minimum 75% aggregate marks in 12th Class and for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates the minimum percentage required is 65% marks.

Hence, I would strongly suggest you to appear in improvement examination so that you will be able to score more than 75% marks. Or else, you must be with in the category of top 20 percentile of the successful candidates in 12th Class in order to be eligible.
30th January 2018, 04:57 PM
vivekvikigupta

If you want to appear in JEE then, you have to look after that are your marks in top twenty percentile or not. If not then you have to appear otherwise not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?