30th May 2018, 07:25 AM
Umra banu

Possibility to study MBBS through CET without NEET?

Hello everyone, I want to become a Doctor but I have not applied for NEET. I have applied for CET. So, with CET scorecard, I can be able to study MBBS course or not? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

31st May 2018, 12:11 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to study MBBS through CET without NEET?

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and for pursuing the same degree course from any medical of India you need to qualify anyone of NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.

As far as you are concerned about getting admission in MBBS degree course through CET ( Common Entrance Test ) then I would like to let you know that it is not possible as from 2016, admissions in MBBS degree course is not offered through CET and hence for seeking admission in MBBS degree course one has to qualify anyone of the three mentioned MBBS entrance examination.
31st May 2018, 12:54 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and it is necessary to appear and qualify for NEET examination to get admission in MBBS course.

Candidates are not eligible to get without qualifying in entrance examination.

The examination is conducted by CBSE. Examination is conducted for admission in government as well as private colleges.

You have to wait for next year to apply and appear for examination.

For detail information visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
31st May 2018, 01:25 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

** For this course candidate should have passed 10+2 with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Bio.

** The duration of MBBS course five and half years.

** As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to study MBBS through CET without NEET.
31st May 2018, 02:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There are three exams conducted at national level for admission in MBBS course. They are :

>>National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

>>JIPMER.

>>AIIMS entrance exam.

Scorecard of Common Entrance Test can not be used for admission in MBBS course. You need to apply for any of above exams and secure a good rank to get admission in top medical colleges of India.
31st May 2018, 02:17 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

If you have not applied and appeared for NEET examination then you are not eligible to get admission in MBBS course.

As per Supreme Court order NEET is a single national level entrance examination conducted by CBSE to get admission in medical course in government or private colleges.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in MBBS course on qualifying CET.
31st May 2018, 03:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that all state PMT/CETs along with AIPMT has been replaced by a common national level entrance examination which is known as NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree course such as MBBS or BDS in any private or government medical colleges of India.

So, having not appeared in NEET, the other possible options which you have for pursuing MBBS degree course is either through AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination (provided that you have applied for these entrance examinations ) otherwise you will have to wait till the next year NEET for taking admission in MBBS degree coursee.
31st May 2018, 03:28 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

It is not possible.

National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national level exam for admission in MBBS course in different medical colleges of India.

You must apply for next year NEET exam to get admission in MBBS course.

PCB candidates of 12th with 50% marks or more can apply for NEET exam.
31st May 2018, 04:22 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For admission in MBBS it is compulsory to appear and qualify in NEET examination.

So, if you have not appeared or qualified in examination then you are not eligible to get admission in the MBBS course.

You have to wait to for NEET 2019 to apply and qualify to get admission.

NEET examination is conducted by CBSE. It is common to examination for admission in all the government or private institutions.
31st May 2018, 06:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NEET is the only entrance examination conducted for admission in MBBS course in private or government colleges.

So, if you have not appeared in NEET and qualifies in any other entrance examination then you are not eligible to get admission.

NEET examination is conducted every year. It is conducted by CBSE. NEET 2018 examination is over.

So, you have to wait for the next year to get admission in the course.
31st May 2018, 07:09 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me, NEET is compulsory to apply if some one want to pursue MBBS course in Undergraduate level. Probably every single college is accepting NEET scorecard to provide admission in MBBS course. So, i suggest you to apply for NEET examination and then pursue MBBS course.
31st May 2018, 07:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

After Supreme court order that National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will be sole examination for admission in state and central government medical colleges, common entrance test scorecard are not applicable for MBBS admissions.

You can get admission in MBBS only on basis of NEET score. Otherwise, you can apply for JIPMER and AIIMS MBBS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?