13th October 2010, 09:20 PM
fadhil

Which course should I take after 12th to become IPS? Can I take IPS?

which course i have to take ,can i take bcom..wht r the steps to doing an ips...pls inform me as soon as

25th August 2011, 09:42 AM
Mannu2525

Default Re: Which course should I take after 12th to become IPS? Can I take IPS?

Dear,

IPS is not a course. IPS means Indian Police Services.
I you want to become an IPS then first of all you have to clear your graduation after 12th standard then only you are eligible for the civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC.
Civil Service Exam is a combined exam for IAS, IFS and IPS.
25th August 2011, 12:41 PM
suryakumarv

Default Re: Which course should I take after 12th to become IPS? Can I take IPS?

you can do ips.all u need is passing puc with minimum 50%
25th August 2011, 01:18 PM
amit kumar b

Smile Re: Which course should I take after 12th to become IPS? Can I take IPS?

no matters which course u take . But matters your determination towards your aim.however it is generally seen that person taking arts stream go easily through ias/ips so it is not that u always focus to take only science or commerece. Arts stream student have advantage that they can do well in public administrator as a subject. So you can choose stream according to your interest.

All the best.
25th August 2011, 02:52 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadhil View Post
which course i have to take ,can i take bcom..wht r the steps to doing an ips...pls inform me as soon as
Information Regarding IPS Examination.

The IPS examination is conducted by UPSC in every year for the selection of the talented candidates as the post of IPS officer. This examination is also known as the civil services examination. To become an IPS officer you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to appear in the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

If you have pass 12th class and want to do B.Com then you can do this course and after completing this course you are eligible to apply for the IPS examination. You can also apply in the final year of B.Com course. So, don't confuse after B.Com you are eligible for IPS examination.

For any more information regarding IPS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
25th August 2011, 03:25 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which course should I take after 12th to become IPS? Can I take IPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadhil View Post
in order to do IPS..u just need to be a graduate from any stream..yes..u can do B.Com and then u have to clear the civil service exams..after ur graduation..
if u clear ur civil service exam..then u can go in for IPS..

hope this helps..
25th August 2011, 03:52 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IPS is not a under graduate course.. It is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..
As you want to appear in IPS exam , then you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first..

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:-

*Educational qualification:-
You must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university..
You should not have any pending backlogs during graduation..

**Age criteria:-
If you are from general category then your age should be in between 21-30years..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years, and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

So, as you have just done your 12th then you have to first complete graduation , after that you can appear in IPS exam..

All the best..
25th August 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

what should i do after doing 12th commerce stream
25th August 2011, 05:17 PM
dhruv007

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC , for apply in this exam you must have clear your graduation from any stream. choice of stream is depends upon you,whatever the stream you choose. the age limit exist foe appearing in this exam 21-30, also there is relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.The final year graduation student are also eligible to appear in the IPS examination.
For any more information regarding IPS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

thank you!
25th August 2011, 06:52 PM
srilakshmi242

Hello fiend,

First of all I appreciate you for choosing your career towards IPS and to serve the society and country. Many students hesitate to go for IPS because the security problem.

You can not appear for IPS Exam after you did 12th class. You can appear for IPS Exam after you did Graduation.

There is no rule that only graduates of certain courses are eligible for IPS Exam. All the students who did Graduation in any of the streams are eligible for IPS Exam.

IPS is a civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

Let me provide you the eligibility criteria for this exam.
You should have done Graduation in any of the stream.
Students who are studying final year of Graduation are also eligible for the Exam.
Your age has to be between 21-30 years.

So, I can say that you can choose any of the course in Graduation. That will not be a trouble to become an IPS.

Wish you all the best.
25th August 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

what r the reqirement for engeneering exams in india
25th August 2011, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

hw is da subject environmental sciences for our career?is der any scope for da subject?
25th August 2011, 10:23 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
There is no bound to take any course, you first complete your graduation with any of the university recognized by Govt. of India, then you can sit for IPS.
26th August 2011, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

i think u must join law which help u a lot in ips examination
26th August 2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

after 12 wt i study that i become a policeofficer
26th August 2011, 02:15 PM
coolit

u should create the awareness about the current affair like politics ,history ........ nd in mains u will have to choose the 1 core sub so make the command on the subject which u r studying nd u did't mention here ur stream thats why i can help u little bit
24th October 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that in ips exams what types of question will come.
8th November 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

what i can doit in after 12th standard
9th November 2011, 02:11 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

HI,
YOU CAN TAKE ANY SUBJECT IN 12TH CLASS IF YOU WANT TO BECOME IPS OFFICER.

After that you have to qualify the graduation in any subject you want.
Your age limit should be 21-30 year for open category. and 21-33 year for ST/SC.

ALL THE BEST!
10th December 2011, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

what we have to study to become a i.p.s officer after tenth
14th March 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

What subject i will have to prefer for ips exam if i m a commerce student
10th June 2012, 12:38 AM
Sanjay malve

Which Engineering In Graduation specific course is useful after doing engineering useful to become IPS officer for Girl
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?