6th August 2016, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Defence for a 10th Class candidate?

Hello Sir, I am very much inspired by forefather and relatives. So now I would like to serve the country by joining Defence. I have completed my 10th Class, so please tell me the procedure to join Defence after completion of 10th Class. What is the procedure to be followed?

6th August 2016, 05:44 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Defence for a 10th Class candidate?

It's very good to see that you are interested in joining the defence services. But, for that you are not eligible now and have to wait. To join defence service you have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidates age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you can continue your preparation for examination to qualify in examination. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th August 2016, 06:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to join defence services it provides a better opportunities for the candidates after 10+2.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after 10th. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Army, Air Force and Navy. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing in 10+2 from recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB and candidates have to qualify in both the stages for final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th August 2016, 08:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join Defence after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue 11th and 12th standard and you need to appear in NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard. To appear in NDA examination, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

3. Age Limit :- 16.5 to 19.5 years

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination.

Since, you have not passed 12th standard or equivalent, being a 10th standard candidate, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination. So, I suggest you to pursue 11th and 12th standard after completion of your 10th standard to appear in NDA examination to join Defence.
6th August 2016, 09:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join Defence for a 10th Class Candidate:

There is a particular procedure which you have to follow in order to join Defence. The basic eligibility criteria required is as follows.

>> Minimum Educational Qualification:

In order to join Defence, you can appear in "National Defence Academy" Entrance Examination. So through NDA you may join the following wings.
> Army Wing
> Air Force Wing
> Naval Wing

The minimum qualification required for NDA exam is 12th Class from a recognized university in any discipline. I suggest you to first complete 12th Class from a recognized institute and then can apply for NDA Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
6th August 2016, 10:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of class 10th there is not much option for you in Indian Army. You can only apply for Soldier post through recruitment rallies conducted by Defence forces.

Selection will be based on performance in physical fitness tests and written exam. Hence, just be prepared for these stages. If you want to go for higher posts then try to complete class 12th with PCM stream.
6th August 2016, 10:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am very much inspired by forefather and relatives. So now I would like to serve the country by joining Defence. I have completed my 10th Class, so please tell me the procedure to join Defence after completion of 10th Class. What is the procedure to be followed?
Sorry that you are not directly eligible for Defence sector after completing 10th standard. You need to complete 12th standard to be eligible to join in Defence sector. After completing 12th standard you need to qualify in the NDA entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year.
6th August 2016, 11:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 10th passed to join Indian Defense Sector as a commissioned officer you will have to first complete your higher secondary school degree and then you will have to join NDA by qualifying NDA entrance examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is an defense academy meant for providing education and training those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination and looking to be a defense officer.

NDA entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualification which you must have for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have either completed your Class 12th or must be appearing in your Class 12th board examination in any discipline from a recognized board. But in order to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force you need to have PCM in your academics as main subjects.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness as discussed in the notification paper of the same examination.

For further details regarding the same examination you must log on to the link www.upsc.gov.nic.in.
7th August 2016, 12:36 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Since you are Currently in class 10th.You can't go for any of the defence line yet.You can join the Defence services after 12th through NDA exam.The NDA(National Defence Academy)entrance exam.is conducted by UPSC 2 times in a year.

The following are the eligibility details given below:-

**You have passed 12th standard from the recognized board with the subject PCM

**The age of the candidate must be within 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

**An unmarried Indian male can do NDA.

**Eye sight of the candidate must be normal eg 6''/6'' free from color blind and night blind.

**Height and weight must not less then 157cms and 42kgs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?