11th August 2016, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Defence after completion of Mechanical Engineering?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing final year of Mechanical Engineering. I would like to join Defence after completion of my Engineering. Please let me know the procedure to join Defence.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to join Indian Air Force after completion of B.E in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Procedure to join Defence Job being a candidate pursuing final year of Mechanical Engineering?
  3. How to join Defence while studying in final year mechanical engineering
  4. What is the procedure followed to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Procedure to join Defence for a 10th Class candidate?
  6. Am I eligible to join M.Tech in Aeronautical after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. How could I join Defence Services after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from BITS? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the procedure to join the Marine after completion of Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Procedure to join railways after completion of B.E mechanical engineering?
  10. What is the procedure followed to join KOC after completion of mechanical engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for job in defence after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  13. Procedure to join Defence being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of BCA and being a girl?
  14. What is the procedure followed to join B.E Mechanical after completion of Merchant Navy?
  15. How to join B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering in AP after completion of mechanical engineering?
  16. Am I eligible to join Marine engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Procedure to join Aeronatics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  18. What are the procedure to join marine engineering after mechanical engineering
11th August 2016, 09:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Defence after completion of Mechanical Engineering?

To join Defence Services after completion of your Mechanical Engineering course, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> Indian Army :- You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
--> Indian Navy :- You must have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.
--> Indian Air Force :- You must have completed Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. Age Limit :-
--> Indian Military :- 19-24 years
--> Indian Air Force :- 19-24 years
--> Indian Navy :- 19-22 years

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate to be eligible to join in Indian Army or Indian Navy.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

By qualifying the CDS written examination, you will be called to participate in further rounds, if you perform well in all the rounds of the CDS examination, finally you will be selected into Defence Services through CDS examination.
11th August 2016, 09:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Defence after completion of Mechanical Engineering?

There are several ways available for you to join Defence after successful completion of Mechanical Engineering course. They are,

>> Through University Entry Scheme

>> Through Combined Defence Service

Yes, you can join Defence through this University Entry Scheme course after completion of Mechanical Engineering. The defence officers generally visit the college and conduct an Entrance Examination which is followed by Interview and Medical Test.

On the other side, the other entrance examination that is available to you is "Combined Defence Services" (CDS). Yes, through this you can join Defence after completion of B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. Wings available in CDS are, Navy, Air Force and Army wings. If you meet the required age criteria, then I am sure you can join Defence after Mechanical Engineering. As you are a final year candidate, yes you are eligible to attend both the examinations.
11th August 2016, 10:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for exams like CDS and AFCAT of you want to join Indian defence as an officer. Just make sure that your age is between 19 to 25 years.
Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and SSB interview. Also, physical fitness is the most important criteria.
12th August 2016, 03:06 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to join Defence after completion of your Mechanical Engineering, you will have to appear for CDS examination conducted by UPSC, and once you clear the entrance test, you will also have to clear the SSB rounds, which is the selection procedure, you will be very much eligible to join Defence and continue you service for the country.
12th August 2016, 10:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To join Defence after the completion of Mechanical Engineering course, you need to appear in the CDS examination which is conducted by the UPSC two times a year, qualifying in which you can take admission to join Defence.
The eligibility criteria to appear in the CDS examination is mentioned below have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognised University

Candidates age must be above 19 years.

Candidates must be an unmarried male.

Candidates should be a citizen of India.

Candidate should be physically fit as per the requirements.
20th September 2019, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I am M.Tech (Mechanical ) passed in 2018. DOB 11/12/1992. Can I join Defence Wings Army .navy/Airforce now.
18th June 2021, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

My education is 12 sci.(56%) 2 year diploma mechanical engg.(94%) 3 year mechanical engg degree can I join Indian coast guard
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?