3rd August 2016, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Should I get my Mother's name replaced with Stepmother’s name in 10th certificate?

In my DOB certificate my real mother name is printed (she was expired in 2012) but in my 10th certificate my stepmother name. Should I change the mother name in 10th certificate name?

3rd August 2016, 08:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I get my Mother's name replaced with Stepmother’s name in 10th certificate?

If your real mother is no more than surely you need to replace the name with your step mother. It can be done with the help of documents related to your father's new marriage certificate.

Just visit the school from where you have passed your board exams. They will forward the application for change of name along with required documents.
4th August 2016, 02:59 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I get my Mother's name replaced with Stepmother’s name in 10th certificate?

No, you need not change your mother'a name in your 10th mark sheet even if your mother has expired back in the year 2012. You should however, provide the name of your stepmother from now on in any of your certificate.

However, to avoid any problem in future regarding name issue, you should get an Affidavit from court regarding the name issue and should carry it with you along with your other documents and can produce it as and when required in future.
22nd March 2022, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I get my Mother's name replaced with Stepmother%u2019s name in 10th certificate?

I divorced my wife in 2012 and remarried in 2013 and now I have mentioned my second wife's name in the school certificates of my sons who are born of my first wife.now my sons are 16 and 18 . Is it ok?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?