28th May 2016, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Should I migrate to Bihar Board to become an IAS Officer being a CBSE student?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I want to become an IAS Officer. Right now I have given my 10th Board exam from CBSE Board. I live in Patna. So, I need your suggestion that should remain in CBSE Board or migrate to Bihar Board for studying Higher Secondary?

29th May 2016, 05:50 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I migrate to Bihar Board to become an IAS Officer being a CBSE student?

This is completely a wrong perception of this exam called the Civil Services Examination. All boards are recognized by the UPSC.

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree or which board you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.

29th May 2016, 04:00 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I migrate to Bihar Board to become an IAS Officer being a CBSE student?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Those who want to become IAS officer have clear Civil Services exam. Civil Services examination has nothing to do with board of education in 10th or 10+2 or institution at graduation level.

Any graduate from a recognized university is eligible to apply for Civil Services exam.

There is no need to migrate from CBSE board which is far better than Bihar Board to become IAS officer. You can continue your study from CBSE.

29th May 2016, 04:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I want to become an IAS Officer. Right now I have given my 10th Board exam from CBSE Board. I live in Patna. So, I need your suggestion that should remain in CBSE Board or migrate to Bihar Board for studying Higher Secondary?
IAS exam is not depends on your 10th or 12th standard board. If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized University then you are eligible for IAS officer through Civil Service Exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

29th May 2016, 07:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Why will you migrate to Bihar Board for becoming IAS officer. UPSC does not ask for any particular board candidates to apply for Civil Services exam. You should study in same board.

Civil Services examination require:

*Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

*The minimum age limit is 21-32 years.

CBSE board candidates are eligible for Civil Services exam.

29th May 2016, 08:12 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your 10th board and want to become an IAS officer in future. So you want to know whether to migrate to Bihar Board for higher study or not.

>>No, there is no need to migrate to Bihar board for higher study. For getting eligible in IAS exam it does not matter from which board you have completed your 12th standard. The only thing matter is that you must have passed graduation degree.

Following are the reasons behind stating that not to migrate to Bihar board:

--Normally CBSE students have better communication skills and have good command in English.

--It is easier to score good marks in 12th standard from CBSE board than from Bihar board.

>>In my opinion you have to continue with CBSE board. After completion of 12th standard you have to do graduation. You can do graduation in subjects which help in your preparation for IAS exam such as B.A (History/ Geography/ Political Science). In the mean while of the graduation course you can start your preparation for UPSC exam.

29th May 2016, 08:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no issues with education board if you are preparing for IAS exam. It will not affect your eligibility for the given exam. Preparation depends on you and no school will give extra classes for IAS preparation.

Hence, carry on with your studies in any school which suits you and side by side be prepared for IAS exam according to the syllabus.

29th May 2016, 09:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Basically there is no such need for you to migrate from CBSE board to Bihar board. Before you come to conclusion, I suggest you to know the basic educational qualification required.

>> Educational Qualification Required:

* The minimum educational qualification required for appearing IAS Examination and to become IAS officer is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

* As Graduate degree is required, no matter from which board you pursue 12th Class..be it Bihar Board or be it CBSE board.

* So I suggest you to join the board based on your convenience as any board from a recognized university is acceptable.

30th May 2016, 02:57 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, there is nothing as such, you need not travel yo any other state or board just in order to become an IAS officer. You can very much become an IAS officer and can get good score in the examination being in CBSE or any other board.

20th September 2021, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

I am Kiransingh I want you to ask tha I am graduated from bihar University so am I eligible for upsc exams right now preparing for upsc. And I'll stop my further studies for preparation . If I am not eligible for some reasons then so I should take another graduation degree for another university. Because I hear that academic is necessary for upsc .

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?