1st July 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

What is the new eligibility criteria for engineering?

I hear there is a new eligibility criteria for engineering...please tell me the eligibility criteira

2nd July 2011, 01:53 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the new eligibility criteria for engineering?

Hi,
AICTE has set new criteria for taking admission in engineering courses. It has considered computer science and electronics as qualifying subjects along with the existing ones.
The general category students must score at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) in qualifying subjects for admission to engineering courses.
Best wishes...
2nd July 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for Engineering is reduced
What is the new Eligibility criteria
2nd July 2011, 09:12 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the new eligibility criteria for engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hear there is a new eligibility criteria for engineering...please tell me the eligibility criteira
What you heard is utter true.!!

I guess you are from Andhra Pradesh and yeah there is a change that had been taken place in Admission process

The eligibility criteria is also altered with small changes. These changes where done by AICTE

AICTE has set new criter for admissions in Engineering which is known as a professional course.

As per new eligibility crtiteria the students from Computer science background and Electronics background are also eligible to take admissions in engineering.

The percentage of marks is also reduced in the qualifying exam to 50%(45% in the case of SC/ST Candidates)

This is the New eligibility criteria for the students who are seeking to the admissions for this professional course

All the best to those who are waiting for admissions

Regards

~AdityA~
2nd July 2011, 09:35 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for graduation degree in Engineering:

12th standard with MPC stream with minimum 50% marks from any recognized university.
Candidate should qualify in Engineering entrance exam

Eligibility criteria for post graduation degree in Engineering:

Graduation degree in Engineering with minimum 50% marks from any recognized university.
Candidate should qualify in Entrance exam to get in colleges.
2nd July 2011, 10:53 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Eligibility criteria for engineering entrance exam.

If you want to make career in the field of engineering then after completing 12th class with physics, chemistry and mathematics you can take admission in the engineering college. To get admission in the engineering college you need to appear in the entrance exam which is conducted by college/University.

Here i give you the most famous entrance exam in which you can apply after completing 12th class :
->IIT JEE.
->AIEEE.
->WBJEE.
->ORJEE.
->VITEEE.
->KIITEE.
->SRMEEE.

These are the most famous engineering entrance exam in which you can apply after completing 12th std. In the most of the engineering entrance examination takes minimum 60% aggregate marks in the 12th std

Indian Institute of Technology is known as the best engineering college of India which gives standard quality education and batter facility to the student. For admission in the IIT college you need to appear in the IIT JEE entrance exam and if you will get a good rank in IIT JEE then you can get a chance to take admission in any IIT college of India.

So, the minimum eligibility criteria for apply the any engineering entrance examination is pass 12th class. If you have more then 60% marks in the 12th class then you are eligible for all the above engineering entrance examination.

Regards
~Mukul~
2nd July 2011, 11:04 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hello,
Eligibility criteria for engineering is class 12th passed or appeared. The candidate must score at least 50% in his 12th examination before taking admission in the engineering course from the science stream. recently AICTE has approved computer science and electronics as the subjects taken in the science stream in 12th level to be eligible for taking admission in engineering course.
Best wishes....
3rd July 2011, 12:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

AICTE has set new criteria for taking admission in engineering courses

the eligibility criteria for general category students from the revised 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) in qualifying subjects for admission to engineering courses. AICTE had enhanced eligibility criteria by 5% for general category students from this year.

this is the best criteria for engineering because maximum no of student now eligible for this test.

all the best
3rd July 2011, 12:11 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

no you have mistaken the eligibility criteria mark has been reduced by UGC.
this has enabled many student to get into the engineering field
6th July 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

elligibilty critetria in btech of uptu.
18th July 2011, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Is it true that the new eligibility is 45% in pcm(for general category) for admission in engineering approved by AICTE?
18th July 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

is this critetria obeyed by ip university..???
i have clear my entrance bt worried for eligibility ..pls rply....
12th August 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

he new eligibility criteria introduced by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), which has increased the minimum marks to be obtained by the students in the qualifying exam from this academic year to become eligible to join engineering degree courses has raised many questions among the aspirants as well as among the College
management authorities.As the new rule may left 10000 to 15000 seats vacant for engineering
in Karnataka.
According to the new norm, students under the general category across the country need to score a minimum of 50 per cent in the qualifying exam, Standard XII exam, instead of 45 per cent. Students belonging to Schedule Castes and Scheduled Tribes will have to secure 45 per cent marks instead of 40 per cent.
The last year statistics reads that nearly 10,000 students, who secured marks between 40 per cent and 50 per cent in the qualifying exam held in 2010, had become eligible to join engineering courses. About, 7,802 students belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes, who had scored more than 40 per cent in 2010, had become eligible to join engineering courses. Of these 1,890 had joined engineering courses.

The State government has urged the AICTE that the decision to increase the minimum marks for eligibility was unilateral, without taking into consideration the local needs. With this the students hailing from rural areas may lose an opportunity to join engineering courses. But the State has not much option left but to follow the AICTE norms as it applies for all engineering colleges across the country.

The debate here is many students who had secured 40-50 percent marks have done well in their degree exams. Also, the body is approving new engineering Colleges in the state thereby increasing the number of seats, so why AICTE wants to impose such norms? Will such norms be able to generate quality engineering graduate?
12th August 2011, 11:41 PM
RABBANI SHAIK

dear friend the eligibility for engineering is the student must have from the computers and background he is must having 50% in his 12th in case of SC and ST 45% is required

all the best
13th August 2011, 01:52 AM
Sehwag6

Career in Engineering

Engineering Career Courses Offered Institution Name Eligibility for Engineering Career Course
B.Tech., (4 Yrs) Indian Institute of Technology,
Chennai - 36. Plus two / Pass in Diploma Recognised by AICTE.
B.E., Regional Engineering College,
Tiruchi. As per the norms prevailing in the state for engineering admissions.
B.E., Bharathidasan Institution of Engineering & Technology,
Tiruchi - 24. As per the norms prevailing in the state for engineering admissions.
B.E., / B.Tech., TNPCEE, Anna University, Director,
Director of Technical Education,
Sardar Patel Road,
Chennai - 2. As per the norms prevailing in the state for engineering admissions.
B.E., Electronics & Communication Engineering. Pavendar Bharathidasan College of Engineering., & Technology,
Opposite to Bharathidasan University,
Pudukottai Road, Mathur,
Tiruchi - 24. Plus Two pass with eligible marks
M.E., / M.Tech., Bharathiyar University,
Coimbatore. B.E., / B.Tech in relevant Subjects.

all the best
13th August 2011, 10:18 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

AICTE has set new criteria for taking admission in engineering courses.Now in order to pursue B.Tech the candidate has to secure a minimum of 50% aggregate mark in his/her 12th standard.
13th August 2011, 11:53 AM
ASHWANI42092

B.Tech is only for those who have passes 12 th with science stream .
Eligibility criteria for Engineering are as follows :-
1] a candidate should have science stream in 12 th class
2] a candidate should have physics , chemistry , maths as
the main subject .
3] a candidate should have atleast 50 % in PCM.
4] for B.Tech a candidate will have to appear engineering
exams such as IIT ,AIEEE OR state's CET etc .
5]after clearing the exam a candidate is eligible for the B.Tech .
Best of luck .
22nd November 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

what is the new or rule of taking engineering admission 2011-2012
13th December 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my M.COM MCM from pune university.i am intersted in persuing B.E from pune uiniversity please suggest me the way how i go ahead?
20th December 2011, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the new eligibility criteria for M.TECH?

Has I.I.I.T-Delhi reduced its prcentage(eligibility) for M.Tech
21st December 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 49 % in pcm nd 58%in (phy,math & computer) so will i be eligible to take admission in engineering colleges in this coming year..??
14th January 2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

i pass 2puc science then engineering eligible in pcm subject
15th January 2012, 06:58 PM
abhisek.sonu

Hi,
AICTE has set new criteria for taking admission in engineering courses. It has considered computer science and electronics as qualifying subjects along with the existing ones.
The general category students must score at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) in qualifying subjects for admission to engineering courses.
Best wishes...
15th January 2012, 07:16 PM
abhisek.sonu

Hi,
Best wishes...
9th February 2012, 03:34 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my electrical engineering diploma.i wanna now do b-tech in the same stream,plz tell me which are the top leading colleges through which i can do B-TECH in electrical engineering
Plz mail me at this id;[email protected]
9th February 2012, 02:29 PM
makancsv

Smile Re: What is the new eligibility criteria for engineering?

Quote:
I have completed my electrical engineering diploma.i wanna now do b-tech in the same stream,plz tell me which are the top leading colleges through which i can do B-TECH in electrical engineering
Plz mail me at this id;[email protected]
hey,

Here is the list of best 25 colleges of India for b-tech in electrical engineering:-

-IIT,MUMBAI

-IIT,CHENNAI

-IIT,ROORKEE

-IIT,GUWAHATI

-IT-BHU

-BITS,PILANI

-VIT,VELLORE

-NIT,SURAKTAL

-NIT,SURAT

-ANNA UNIVERSITY

-NIT,WARANGAL

-BIT,MERSA

-NIRMA UNIVERSITY,AHMEDABAD

-NIT,TRICHI

-PUNJAB ENGINEERING COLLEGE

-NIT,CALICUT

-NSIT,DELHI

-DELHI UNIVERSITY

-IIT,DELHI

-L.D.COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,AHMEDABAD

-JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY

-MUMBAI UNIVERSITY

-NIT,HAMIRPUR

-NIT,RAIPUR

-PUNE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING.

best of luck!!!!
4th March 2012, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

hiiiii i have completed intermediate bipc last year and joined in bpharmacy but now i want to do b tech so that i applied intermediate maths (1A 1B, 2A 2B ) exams and also applied for eamcet engineering entrance can i get admission in btech am i eligible for btech plzz advise me
26th May 2012, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 44% in PCM and 52% overall. I am OBC student. So i will be eligible to take admission in engineering this year?
31st May 2012, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

is the eligible criteria reduced to 105 PCM total
31st May 2012, 03:54 PM
belidepriyanka

yes,what you heard is correct..
AICTE has changed the eligibility criteria for the student in joining the engineering .

it has changed tha percentage required to join in engineering

it said that a student should have 50% in their accedemics for joining in engineering for OC

and it is 45% for SC/ST

ALL THE BEST
9th June 2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 49% overall and 43% in PCM. I am an SC caste student staying in Pune, Maharashtra. So will I be eligible to take admission for Mechanical Engineering this year?
Please reply as soon as possible...
11th June 2012, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 133/300 in pcm and 52% in boArd may i be elligible for engeniering is it 45% or 50% for an open caste i m frm jalna maharastra
12th June 2012, 08:47 PM
tl.com

hi dear friend,

Here is the list of best 25 colleges of India for b-tech in electrical engineering:-

-IIT,MUMBAI

-IIT,CHENNAI

-IIT,ROORKEE

-IIT,GUWAHATI

-IT-BHU

-BITS,PILANI

-VIT,VELLORE

-NIT,SURAKTAL

-NIT,SURAT

-ANNA UNIVERSITY

-NIT,WARANGAL

-BIT,MERSA

-NIRMA UNIVERSITY,AHMEDABAD

-NIT,TRICHI

-PUNJAB ENGINEERING COLLEGE

-NIT,CALICUT

-NSIT,DELHI

-DELHI UNIVERSITY

-IIT,DELHI

-L.D.COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,AHMEDABAD

-JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY

-MUMBAI UNIVERSITY

-NIT,HAMIRPUR

-NIT,RAIPUR

-PUNE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING.

best of luck!!!!
thanks
12th June 2012, 08:50 PM
tl.com

hi dear friend,
Eligibility criteria for engineering entrance exam.

If you want to make career in the field of engineering then after completing 12th class with physics, chemistry and mathematics you can take admission in the engineering college. To get admission in the engineering college you need to appear in the entrance exam which is conducted by college/University.

Here i give you the most famous entrance exam in which you can apply after completing 12th class :
->IIT JEE.
->AIEEE.
->WBJEE.
->ORJEE.
->VITEEE.
->KIITEE.
->SRMEEE.

These are the most famous engineering entrance exam in which you can apply after completing 12th std. In the most of the engineering entrance examination takes minimum 60% aggregate marks in the 12th std

Indian Institute of Technology is known as the best engineering college of India which gives standard quality education and batter facility to the student. For admission in the IIT college you need to appear in the IIT JEE entrance exam and if you will get a good rank in IIT JEE then you can get a chance to take admission in any IIT college of India.

So, the minimum eligibility criteria for apply the any engineering entrance examination is pass 12th class. If you have more then 60% marks in the 12th class then you are eligible for all the above engineering entrance examination.

thank you
6th July 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

got 44.5% in groups in pcm can i get admission in engineering colleges...??
9th July 2012, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

i am IB student who has got physics , maths, business magmt, environmental science. all this subjects are also good for enginnering universities in USA.
if i want to study in india engineering can i apply since there is no chemistry but i have other subjects.
can deemed university admit me or even recognised unviersity can give admission.
4th August 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir i avinash my 12 pass with 43% can i admisson any engeenier college please give the college name
16th March 2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

which engineering course has more scope now
1st June 2013, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

sir is there any college in which v can take admission privatly if itz there plzz tell sir...
8th June 2013, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

i got 50% in 12 and 112 marks in pcm plzzzzzzzzz sugest me any engineering college.........
27th June 2013, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

I got 54.16% in hsc n have 117 in group..i am sbc caste...my grp % is 39% ...n elgibility is for 40%...if I apply through managment quota...is there any chances of getting admission ??i scored 57 in cet
reply soon
28th June 2013, 03:22 AM
rhiayrash

Here is the eligibility criteria for engineering,diploma engineering.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eligibility criteria.pdf(9.0 KB, 134 views)
4th July 2013, 08:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
The eligibility criteria to do Engineering Course is that a candidate should have completed intermediate or equivalent in MPC branch with 50%.After completing intermediate or equivalent you need to write the entrance exam for admission into the engineering courses.The following are the entrance exams to get admission into engineering colleges are:
-->IIT-JEE
-->AIEEE
-->BITSAT
-->VITJEE
-->EAMCET
-->WBJEE
If you had qualified in the entrance exam,you will be able to get a seat in the engineering college.
Only getting a seat in engineering college is not sufficient you have to choose the right branch of your interest to succeed in your career.

At present,the following are the top branches in engineering course are:
**Computer Science Engineering.
**Mechanical Engineering.
**Information Technology.
**Electronics and Communication Engineering.
**Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
**Civil Engineering.
To have better future choose the course of your interest which have better scope and high job opportunities.
ALL THE BEST
22nd September 2013, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Will I face any problem in getting admission in engineering if I have maths as additional subject and phy,chem,eng,music,fine arts as my main subjects plz tell m in a trouble
28th September 2013, 01:45 PM
shah.meet92

As per new eligibility crtiteria the students from
Computer science background and Electronics
background are also eligible to take admissions in
engineering. the percentage of marks is also reduced in the qualifying exam to 50%(45% in the case of SC/ST Candidates)..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?