8th March 2018, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Is there any scope for below 50% candidate in 12th Commerce?

I am now confused what to take in 11th, Commerce or Arts? I have interest in Commerce (without Maths) stream but I am scared that if I will not score well in 12th like less than 50% what will be other jobs can I expect if I scoring less than 50% in 12th? Will I get admission in any government college?

Related Questions:
13th April 2018, 12:25 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scope for below 50% candidate in 12th Commerce?

On the basis of aggregate in 12th board examination it is tough to get admission in government colleges.

In most of the colleges admission are now conducted on the basis of score in the entrance examination. So, if you will qualify for entrance examination then you are eligible to get admission in the course.

For more details about admission procedure visit the official website of the college in which you want to get admission.
13th April 2018, 04:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should try to secure admission in a good school in your choice of stream. Also, stop worrying about your marks, because it's not going to change now.

Just take admission in a good school and don't repeat the mistakes. Just look back at your studies and find out, what went wrong and try to improve this time.
13th April 2018, 06:16 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

This is not a big problem that you have scored less in your 10+2 exam. Most of the talented student get low score in their exam but from this we can't say that they are in average student.

If you have capability of doing any thing and if you have some skills then these these never stands in you way.

You can opt for any of the following courses:

B.Com

BBA

BBM

B.Com Computers

The duration of these courses are 3 years and you will direct admission for these courses in many of the colleges.

If you want to opt for Law, you can do LLB course by opting for the respective entrance exam.

You can also do integrated MBA course with the duration of 5 years which will provide you good number of job opportunities.
14th April 2018, 09:55 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

If you will score less than 50% marks then you will not get admission in top government colleges but there are some state level government colleges in which you can seek admission. Why are you underestimating yourself at this early stage. You can study well to score more marks in board exams.

For example, you can secure more than 90% marks for admission in top colleges of Delhi University. Always opt for stream in which you have interest. There are many professional courses in which commerce stream candidates with less than 50% can get admission like Chartered accountancy, CWA, CS etc.
14th April 2018, 02:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you opt Commerce stream in class 11th and class 12th and study average, then definitely you can score above 50% of marks in your class 12th Board examination. For most of the higher studies, after class 12th, the minimum percentage of marks required is 50%. So, if you score 50% marks in class 12th, then you will be eligible for most of the higher studies and will be eligible for most of the Government sector jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?