6th August 2016, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Is there negative marking in CPT Exam and Can I attend CPT in the second chance?

Hello Sir, I have completed 2 PU in Science stream. I would like to become a Chartered Accountant. Is there any negative marking in CPT Examinations? I did not apply for CPT Examination which was held last month so please tell me that Can I get any chance to attend CPT?

6th August 2016, 03:58 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there negative marking in CPT Exam and Can I attend CPT in the second chance?

Yes, there is negative marking in CPT Exam for each wrong answer and you can attend CPT for the second chance also.

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test.

It is the entrance test for admission in the Chartered Accountancy course. Institute of Cost Accountants of India conducts CPT twice a year generally in the month of June and December.

Eligibility criteria to apply for CPT are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with any percentage of marks from a recognized board of Education. Result awaiting candidate can also appear in the CPT exam.

-There is no age limit to apply for the test.

Exam pattern :-

The question paper will be in the form of multiple choice questions of total 200 marks. The test will be divided into two sessions of 2 hours each. Each correct answer will get one mark and there will be negative marking for wrong answers.

Syllabus for the CPT exam :-

Accounting,

Mercantile Laws,

General Economics, and

Quantitative Aptitude .
6th August 2016, 10:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there negative marking in CPT Exam and Can I attend CPT in the second chance?

CPT stands for Common Proficiency course and same is the first level of CA examinations which is further followed by IPCC and Final examination.

The examination paper is of 200 marks which is divided into four sections and to qualify the same one has to secure at least 30% in each section with a overall aggregate of 50% in the examination.

Yes there is negative marking in the examination which is equal to the 0.25 marks of the question.

Yes you can appear in the CPT in second chance as there is no limit. But after every four attempts applicant has to renew its registration for further attempts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?