30th January 2016, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria followed to study in class VI?

Sir my son namely Manish Mishra, D.O.B. 22.12.2005 was studying in Divya Jyoti Public School, Patna and after my transfer I got admission of my son in Delhi Public School Dhanbad in class III according to TC issued from that school. Again I have transferred from Dhanbad to Delhi and therefore I got admission of my son Manish Mishra in class VI in St.Coloumbus School, Dayalbad, Faridabad during the month of May'2015 as per TC. In Class V my son secured 94% marks in DPS Dhanbad. Now, on dated 21.09.2015 it has been informed over telephone to attend meeting in St.Coloumbus School. Accordingly I participated in meeting, in the said meeting it has been informed that your child date of birth is 22.12.2005 and as per CBSE guidelines your child not cover the age for class VI. Therefore your son will be remain in class VI for next year also.

This decision not only effect the moral of my son but also age and double financial burden also. Please give me solution or we should move to court for that condition. I am waiting for your fruitful reply as early as possible please.

30th January 2016, 08:03 PM
ruthless
Member+

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed to study in class VI?

For the admission of the student in class VI, age of the candidate must be from 10 to 12 years on 31st March.
But in case if the of the student is less than 10 to 12 years then it is difficult for a student to get admission in school in 6th class.
30th January 2016, 08:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

According to me the minimum age required to get admission in class 6 after passing class 5th is 10 years. Where as some schools also take children of 9 years. Maximum age limit can vary from school to school up to 13-14 years.
30th January 2016, 08:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The age eligibility criteria to get admission in class VI in all over India in any school is 10 to 12 years. But some schools allow students of 9 years to give admission.
So first check the eligibility criteria to get admission before feeling the application form in the school where you are seeking admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?