12th August 2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in SCRA entrance exam if applied but pursuing final year of B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

Sir,
I am in final year of my B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering). I have applied for SCRA entrance exam this year. Can I appear in SCRA or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for SCRA entrance exam if pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc(Mathematics)?
  2. Am I eligible for MCA entrance while pursuing final year BCA with honors
  3. Am I eligible to give SCRA Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course with an age of 20 years?
  4. What is the prescribed syllabus for candidates appearing in SCRA exam who is pursuing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  5. Am I eligible to appear for any entrance exam while pursuing B.Tech Electronics 3rd year?
  6. Am I eligible for GME course while pursuing B.Tech final year in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Am I eligible for ISRO Exam being a candidate of pursuing pre-final year of B.Tech from Electrical Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for DRDO Entrance Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  9. After how many days will one receive SCRA entrance exam hallticket after applying for it now?
  10. Is there any entrance exam for Merchant Navy? I am pursuing B.Tech in applied electronics engineering
  11. Whether SCRA Exam has held or not for this year?
  12. List of colleges which I can apply for Ph.D while pursuing M.Sc Physics final year?
  13. Am I eligible for IFS Exam pursuing final year of Chemical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Job in Railways after +2?
  15. Am I eligible to take admission in MSc Genetic Engineering after BSc Agricultural Biotech Final Year? List of top most colleges of MSc Genetic Engineering in India?
  16. Am I eligible to study M.Tech without GATE after completing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering)?
  17. Can I eligible for this year SNAP Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Graduation with an age of 20 years?
  18. List railway jobs for 12th passed with 60% in PCM?
19th August 2015, 09:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in SCRA entrance exam if applied but pursuing final year of B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in SCRA entrance examination even if you have not pursued final year of your B.Tech course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board are eligible to appear in SCRA examination. Since, you are pursuing final year of B.Tech course and you have completed 12th standard, you are eligible to appear in SCRA entrance examination.
19th August 2015, 09:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in SCRA entrance exam if applied but pursuing final year of B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

As you are doing B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) means, you might have already completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appear in SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentices) Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university. In order to be eligible for SCRA Examination, you must first successfully meet the required age criteria.

Age Criteria: (As on 1st August of the year of Exam)

Minimum Age - 17 years

Maximum Age - 21 years

Note: Candidates must meet the required certain categories of persons as specified in the notice are eligible for age relaxation.
20th August 2015, 01:36 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear you can apply for SCRA Examination during Final year of graduation since for SCRA only intermediate is required. So based on SCRA you need to fulfill the below requirements.

Eligibility Criteria required for SCRA Examination :

<> You must completed 12th with Maths as one subject from the recognized board.

<> Minimum Age : 17 years

Maximum Age : 21 years

<> There is a Age relaxation for the reserved candidates based on government norms.

<>If you satisfy the above requirements then definitely you are eligible to apply for SCRA.
20th August 2015, 10:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am in final year of my B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering). I have applied for SCRA entrance exam this year. Can I appear in SCRA or not?
Yes, you are eligible for SCRA exam.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who have doing final year of 12th examination can apply for SCRA examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 21 years.
4th June 2023, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to appear in SCRA exam if i am doing engineering in chemical or software not in mechanical?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?