30th April 2016, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age limit criteria followed for admission in CBSE board?

My son dof birth is19.4.2013.i got prekg admission in cbsr school.but i expect lkg class. Because in certain schools have age limit is july31. I got thst school admission also.i have lot of confusion to choose the school. I put my son lkg in cbse school it affect his 10std or not

30th April 2016, 08:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age limit criteria followed for admission in CBSE board?

The minimum age required for a child to get admission in LKG in CBSE Board schools is 3 years 6 months. Since, your child is born on 19-04-2013, he is 3 years old now, so, the school has offered admission for him in PreKG. You can join your child in LKG once, he has attained the age of 3 years 6 months. There will not be any age problem for your child to appear in 10th standard CBSE Board examinations.
30th April 2016, 09:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age limit criteria followed for admission in CBSE board?

As, per admission criteria of Kendriya Vidyalaya which runs under Central government the age minimum age limit to get admission in Std I is 5 years and 8 months as on 31st March of year of admission.

And, for the admission in 10th Std it is 14 years. So, you must follow the pattern to take the admission.

But, most of school also follow some age criteria for admission in play school.
30th April 2016, 09:29 PM
IQ14

CBSE has defined the minimum age limit criteria for 2 class that is for class nursery and for class 10th.
A student or child must have minimum 4 years of age at the time of admission .
A student must have minimum 14 years of age when he or she is in class 10th.
So you need to wait as your child's present age is 3 years.
30th April 2016, 09:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age limit criteria followed for admission in CBSE board is as mentioned below :-

Children completing three years and six months as on the 1st of June of the year of the application can only seek admission to L.K.G at the CBSE (Central Board for Secondary Education) school.

According to the admission norms of CBSE, one who haven't attained the mentioned age will not be eligible for admission in any CBSE schools.
30th April 2016, 09:41 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I have a return question for you. I don't understand whether you want to join your child in CBSE School for LKG. If it is the question then the requirements will vary as per the different school.

One thing you just confirm that whether your child had joined or not. If he joined then it is ok no problem at all. But he had not joined in any CBSE School. Then you take the requirement of age and the required date of birth certificate for it.
30th April 2016, 09:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son dof birth is19.4.2013.i got prekg admission in cbsr school.but i expect lkg class. Because in certain schools have age limit is july31. I got thst school admission also.i have lot of confusion to choose the school. I put my son lkg in cbse school it affect his 10std or not
The candidate age must be reached 3 years 10 months in order to get admission for LKG through CBSE board. Since, you son age is 3 years. Please, visit the respective school for more details regarding age limit.
30th April 2016, 09:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is no strict guidelines for age limit to get admission in LKG in CBSE schools.

But for admission in Std I the minimum age limit is 5 years. So, your ward( son) is eligible for admission in LKG in school. To get more details about examination visit at the school official website.
30th April 2016, 10:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Minimum age required to get admission in LKG of CBSE schools is 3 and half years as per the rules of Government of India. So get admission to your child in LKG when he or she acquire the age of 3 and half years.
30th April 2016, 10:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Minimum age limit criteria for admission in CBSE board:-

The minimum age required is 14 years. Your child must have admission age of 14 years for appearing in class 10th of CBSE. When your child will be in class 10th then, he will satisfy the age criteria of CBSE ,so he will be eligible for appearing in class 10th CBSE exam.
30th April 2016, 11:07 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for admission in Lower Kinder Garten is 3 years 6 months to 4 years 6 months. You can take admission in any school in LKG so that your son at age 14 years can appear for board examination.

This age will not affect your possibility for appearing for board exams. It is right age and age limit is calculated on 31st July in certain schools.
30th April 2016, 11:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education. It is considered to be one of the best board for education in India and there are more 17 thousands schools in India affiliated to this board for education.

The minimum age limit for admission in Lower Kinder Garten is 3 years to 4 years. A candidate can appear for board exams after completion of 14 years.
1st May 2016, 01:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Age Criteria for LKG Admission in CBSE Board:

The minimum age criteria required for getting admission in LKG is 3 years and 6 months. Based on your son's date of Birth, your son's age is 3 years as on 19.04.2016. So based on his age criteria, he is not eligible to get admission in LKG. The minimum age required for Nursery admission in 3 years and the minimum age required for LKG admission is 3 1/2 years. So I suggest you to join your kid in Nursery with this present age and then next year you may join him in LKG. No by joining your kid in Nuesery this year, it won't effect his 10th Class. The minimum age required for admission in 10th Class of CBSE board is 14 years and the maximum age must not exceed 16 years.
1st May 2016, 02:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that he is not eligible to get admission in pre-kg in any CBSE school as he has not attained the age of 3 years and 6 months, which is the minimum eligibility requirement for any candidate to get admission in the above mentioned standard.
8th February 2018, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is born on 10-09-2015 at present she is 2years nd 5 months ,can i get admission in nursery cbse?for nursery admission 3 years should be completed on which date?in gujarat
2nd December 2019, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age limit criteria followed for admission in CBSE board?

My Son is born on 06-01-2015 at present he is 4 years and 11 months,can i get admission in 1st cbse?for 1st 2020-21 admission what is the age criteria. Let me know any 1 month grace period is there in Bangalore.
5th December 2019, 09:55 PM
trekhraj
Junior Member+

The minimum age is 5 years and maximum age is 7 years for admission in CBSE schools.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?