2nd July 2015, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Should I choose CBSE Higher Secondary to study Biotechnology after completing 10th WBBSE?

Hello,
My name is Aritra Sinha and I'm a student of 10th WBBSE Board. I want to study Biotechnology in Graduation. So, I have heard that in CBSE Board, Biotechnology subject is available in Higher Secondary. So, I should switch to CBSE Board after my 10th for Higher Secondary?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study after completing 10th WBBSE if belongs to rural area? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Migrating from WBBSE to CBSE?
  3. How can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in a Military School after completing 10th CBSE?
  4. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and MP Board to study Higher Secondary?
  5. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to study Science in Higher Secondary?
  6. Can I study Higher Secondary from CBSE Board after completing 10th from Bihar Board?
  7. How can I study Higher Secondary in Australia after completing 10th?
  8. Which Board should I prefer among ISC and CBSE to study Higher Secondary Science if secured 75% in 10th ICSE?
  9. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  10. What should I study among Higher Secondary and Diploma in Engineering course to become an Engineer?
  11. Is it beneficial to get transfer from WBBSE Board to ISC Board if study Science?
  12. Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  13. ISC, CBSE or PSEB, which is better to study in Higher Secondary for Software Engineer aspirant?
  14. How much percentage is required in 10th CBSE to take admission in Higher Secondary Science of WB Board?
  15. What should I study among Humanities and Commerce after completing 10th WBBSE?
  16. Can I get admission to study CBSE Higher Secondary after completing 10th NIOS?
  17. What is the scope of Science to study in Higher Secondary for 10th student?
  18. How can I get admission in Maharaja Sawai Man Singh Vidyalaya for Higher Secondary Education after completing 10th CBSE?
3rd July 2015, 09:01 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Should I choose CBSE Higher Secondary to study Biotechnology after completing 10th WBBSE?

Yes you are right biotechnology subject is available in CBSE board but only as an optional subject and each school of CBSE doesn't provide the subject to their students as an optional subject because usually schools provide physical , Hindi , music , dance as an optional subject so in that case firstly find out the CBSE school which one provides biotechnology subject as an optional subject in higher secondary classes

You can easily switch school after passing 10th standard but it depends on new school whats their admission procedure because some of schools provides admission on the basis of merit list while few of them on the behalf of their own entrance test so buy prospectus of the desired school and then read it out you wi each and every details about the school mentioned in the prospectus.
3rd July 2015, 10:33 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I choose CBSE Higher Secondary to study Biotechnology after completing 10th WBBSE?

Yes you can switch to cbse board after 10th standard. First of all you need to find a CBSE affiliated school in your locality. After that visit to school campus and have a meeting with school principal. Ask him about availability of biotechnology subject in their school. If it is available then ask them about admission procedure. If not then try another school.

Some schools conduct entrance exam for giving admission to students. Thus if require then give entrance test. After entrance test candidates are shortlisted according to rank scored in entrance exam.
3rd July 2015, 12:07 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I choose CBSE Higher Secondary to study Biotechnology after completing 10th WBBSE?

CBSE stands for Central board of secondary education and it has too much reputation and scope in all over the India.

But your state board is too equivalent to that of CBSE.

So my suggestion to you is that it does not matter from which board you have completed your education but the only thing that matters is that your board must be affiliated and well recognized.

In your board you can study under

(i) Biological Sciences (ii) Home Management and Home Nursing, (iii) Business Economics including Business Mathematics

However if you want to change your board to CBSE then you simply need following documents for changing your school :

** A character certificate

** A migration certificate.

** Mark sheet of 10th class.

** Two passport size photographs.

Then after you have to submit your new admission form by filling properly.
3rd July 2015, 02:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can choose CBSE Board for pursuing your Higher Secondary course to study Biotechnology in Graduation. CBSE offers Biotechnology subject in science stream of Higher Secondary course. CBSE Board allows candidates to choose Biotechnology as a Fourth Elective subject in Science stream of Higher Secondary course. So,you need to opt for Science stream in Higher Secondary in CBSE Board to study Biotechnology in Graduation.
4th July 2015, 07:01 PM
pointer01

Yes , you can switch to CBSE board for Biotechnology. For this you have to visit the CBSE affiliated campus and have a meeting to school principal to ask him for this course. if this course is available there then you have to follow the admission procedure.
CBSE board allows the students to choose Biotechnology as the Fourth Elective subject i.e, optional subject in science stream.
So, you have to opt science stream to study Biotechnology in Graduation.
5th July 2015, 08:12 PM
dhaliwal jatt

hello

--> Yes, you can choose CBSE board for biotechnology.

--> First you have to find out the availability, if it is available then definitely you can go for admission.

-->CBSE Board allows students to keep biotechnology as a elective subject.

--> you need to choose science stream to study biotechnology.

--> Also you can proceed further in field of biotechnology for graduation completion .

all the best !!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?