24th May 2016, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Whether 40% of 9th CBSE will be added in 10th Board marksheet?

Hi Everyone,
I have got 8.2 CGPA in 9th standard of CBSE Board. Now our mentor informs that 40% of class 9 will be added in class 10th result. Is it true? Please tell me about this asap.

25th May 2016, 06:05 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 40% of 9th CBSE will be added in 10th Board marksheet?

No the information that the marks of Class 9th to be added in the final result of Class 10th is not true but the marksheet of performance in Class 9th is available on the marksheet of Class 10th so there must be some confusion among your mentor's about the same.

As per the CBSE norms, the whole academic session in divided in six assessments out of which four are Formative Assessment ( FA ) and two are Summative Assessment ( SA ). The weightage of each FA in final marksheet is 10% and that of each SA is 30% which sums up to overall aggregate of 100%.

Out of these six assessment, all the four FA and one SA are conducted in the same school in which the student studies where as for the final SA the option of giving the examination by going to center provided by the board i.e; board based examination or giving the examination in the same school in which one reads i.e; school based examination is provided to the student.

For more details about the queries related to academics followed by CBSE, you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
25th May 2016, 08:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is no such rule that marks of 9th standard will be added in 10th board marksheet. Your mentor is not having latest updates regarding Central Board of Secondary rules and regulation for board exams.

If you see latest 10th board marksheets issued by CBSE, 9th standard marks in different subjects is displayed along with 10th board marks but marks of 9th standard is not added to 10th board marks.
25th May 2016, 09:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, your 9th standard examination marks will not be added to your 10th standard examination marks. The 10th standard examinations results will be declared by CBSE in the form of CGPA. The CGPA will be allotted based on your performance in 10th standard CBSE Board examinations and the same will be reflected in your Marks Sheet.
26th May 2016, 12:35 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Everyone,
I have got 8.2 CGPA in 9th standard of CBSE Board. Now our mentor informs that 40% of class 9 will be added in class 10th result. Is it true? Please tell me about this asap.
No, the marks scored in the 10th standard will only come in the 10th mark sheet. The aspirant can check the same in the senior students mark sheets or can check it in the website. So you don’t worry about the 9th marks and concentrate on the 10th standard syllabus. You will get only what you scored in the 10th standard in the 10th mark sheet.
26th May 2016, 12:58 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Everyone,
No, it is not true. Only 10th board exam score will get added in the 10th Mark sheet. Please consult with your school principle and also Department of Education board as well.

Official website - Visit Here.
26th May 2016, 04:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, the information is not true, you marks of 9th standard is not added in the 10th board mark sheet. 10th mark sheet is contains only marks scored in class 10 and not of any other standard. But it does play and important role in your 10th education as 9th grade has a lot of similarities in 10th boards.

You should however try to score well in your 9th class and ultimately I am sure you will do good in your board examination also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?