14th April 2016, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Is it true that average of 9th and 10th marks makes the final grade for 10th standard?

Some schools are telling that average of 9 th and 10 th marks make the final grade of10th.is that true? What is the rule of CBSE board regarding this for the year 20016-17 . If my son is shifting from a school having hindi A in 9th to a school having hindi B for 10th. Can he change like this? Or any problem?plz clarify my doubts.

14th April 2016, 04:11 PM
Quantum reply

Default Re: Is it true that average of 9th and 10th marks makes the final grade for 10th standard?

No it is not true. In CBSE marks of class 9th are not added to class 10th mark sheet. Most of the schools telling that the marks of class 9th are added to class q0th because they want that the students should also do hard work in class 9th also.
Your son should work hard in class 9th also as class syllabus is the base for class 10th. He need to work very hard in class 10th to score 10 CGPA. He need to concentrate on tough subjects like maths and science to score good marks.
14th April 2016, 07:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that average of 9th and 10th marks makes the final grade for 10th standard?

No, there will not be nothing like that what you heard about the final grade of 10th standard. Only, 10th standard board examination papers are considered for CBSE 10th standard final grading and 9th standard marks will not be taken into account. You can transfer to any school for pursuing your 10th standard and the grading will be done only based on your performance in CBSE 10th standard board examinations.
14th April 2016, 08:15 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, there is nothing as such like the average of 9th and 10th are summed up to make the final 10th grade.

Scoring good in 9th and 10th(Selections and Pre-finals) is necessary as it will be helpful for you to score well in board examination. The board marks are not the average of anything as such. The marks is solely dependent on your performance in the final examination.

No, your son cannot change it in class 10 as the registration for 10th board subject wise is done in 9th standard itself. So, whatever subject he has opted he will have to continue his studies with that subject itself.
14th April 2016, 10:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No, the overall result for Class 10th examination has nothing to take from the performance in the Class 9th till you have managed the passing aggregate in the same. Yes there the marks in the Class 9th are also published on the final result of Class 10th but it does not have any effect on the result of Class 10th.

The overall academics of Class 10th is divided into four formative assessment with each having weightage of 10% in the final results and two sumative assessment with each having weightage of 30% in the final results.

For more details about the academics and curriculum followed by CBSE you can refer to its official link i.e; www.cbse.nic.in or www.mycbseguide.com.
15th April 2016, 11:01 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is very much true that the scores of the 10th standard are calculated as the average score of the 9th and 10th.

It is done because very few of us acknowledge the fact that 9th standard is as important as the 10th and many students don't take up the 9th standard seriously.

So, to make sure that they build the concepts in the 9th as well, the CBSE has come up with this scheme.

There would be no problem if you change only the Hindi course in 10th. As long as Hindi is there as a subject, there would be no problem for your ward.
15th April 2016, 11:03 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some schools are telling that average of 9 th and 10 th marks make the final grade of10th.is that true? What is the rule of CBSE board regarding this for the year 20016-17 . If my son is shifting from a school having hindi A in 9th to a school having hindi B for 10th. Can he change like this? Or any problem?plz clarify my doubts.
No, that is not true, the marks scored in 9th and 10th will not make your final grade for 10th standard. The marks scored in the 10th standard final examination will only reflect in your mark sheet and certificate. So you have to prepare well in the 10th standard final board examination and score good marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?