17th June 2014, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Whether a candidate is said to be qualified in 10th ICSE if he fails in 2 subjects but get 40% overall?

sir
if we are failing in 2 subjects in
class 10 board icse but our percentage
is above 40 then we are pass or fail????
please tell me soon

25th March 2015, 01:13 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a candidate is said to be qualified in 10th ICSE if he fails in 2 subjects but get 40% overall?

No, the candidate is not said to be failed if he/she is fail in 2 subjects, but only if any of he two subject should not be ENGLISH.

However, if any of the two subject is English than the candidate is asked to appear again for board examination.

NOTE: Leaving English, if he candidate fails in more than 3 papers, he/she is imposed as a failure student and is asked to repeat the year again by appearing for boards as a private candidate.
31st March 2015, 04:02 PM
SmilyRishu

Default Re: Whether a candidate is said to be qualified in 10th ICSE if he fails in 2 subjects but get 40% overall?

For passing in any class you have to get minimum qualifying marks in individual subject.It does not matter whether you are scoring 60 percent or more with one or more subject having marks less than the qualifying marks.

As per your current query you are not considered as pass in 10th class,so my suggestion to you is that your have to re- appear in both the subjects in which you are failed to score minimum qualifying marks.

Thank you.
26th February 2017, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

What if anyone is failed in icse board exam in 2 subjects out of 6 but overall he's percentage is 40 will he be consider pass or fail???
6th April 2017, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

I have my computer board exam tomorrow and I am not sure if I can pass. Computer is considered easy by most compared to sciences but for me it is tougher than any other subject. My question is what happened if I fail in computer? An early reply would be highly appreciated.
29th May 2017, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

A Student has got 29 in Commercial Studies and 30 in HCG and hence "Pass Certificate Not awarded". What does that mean? Please respond asap.Thanks
30th May 2017, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

If a candidate is failed in 2 subjects and in one subject if she has secured 39 out of 100 then will that candidate is said to be qualified as a pass student in 10th ICSE board exam?
28th February 2018, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

If a student fails in mathematics but has kept 80% above taking 5 subjects as per new rule of icse then is he given pass certificate or not?
26th May 2018, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

If a student scores 39.5% keeping 24 in maths and 27 in science and result written as pass certificate not awarded whether the student is passed or not.......
10th October 2018, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

My nephew is in 10th standard in ICSE and he has taken Maths, but finding it very difficult to cope with the subject. Do we have the option of changing from Maths to any other subject for him ? Please reply back soon as it is already many months since the school has started.
2nd March 2019, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

If a student will fail in 10th board exam and rest of all subjects is ok then what may the final result? she pass or fail
8th March 2019, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

If any student only fail in maths then the student will be awarded pass certificate or not in ICSE....??
16th March 2019, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

Im studying in icse board... will be writing my exams in 2019 and I have 10 subjects.
I'm finding Computer and chemistry very difficult to understand. I'll be writing both of these subject's board exam next week and I'm not sure if I can pass them. The other subjects I'm pretty sure I can ace it.
Would I be considered a failed candidate if fail in one or both of the subjects which I'm doubtful in (chemistry and Computer)?
Please help me out.
26th February 2020, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

What if I get 25/80 and in project around 15 in icse,so the total is 40 . Will icse give me pass certificate?
17th March 2020, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

If one student fail in two subject in icse but he/she get overall 40% is he or she consider as.pass?
28th July 2020, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

If a student fail in maths only can he or she give maths exam agin its compulsory for them.
28th July 2020, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

If student is failed in maths only but passed in 5 subjects then its compulsory for them to give exam again
31st August 2020, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

a student who is not pass in English and commercial studies if he fail then what he can do for next exam.
17th September 2020, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

If a pupil fail in maths 10th std ICSE. Then is he/she promoted?
23rd July 2021, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

If the student fail in chemistry alone will he pass the 10th exam?
30th March 2022, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

In 10th I fail in science and maths , after doing mbbs from abroad , can I attempt Mci exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?