18th May 2011, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Marks required in graduation for appearing in CAT and admission in IIMs?

How many marks in graduation for cat colleges also for iim

18th May 2011, 01:50 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Marks required in graduation for appearing in CAT and admission in IIMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you want to appear in CAT entrance examination, then you have to scored minimum 50% Marks in your bachelor degree examination if you are a general candidates. And for SC, ST Candidates minimum 45% marks is required.

There is No age restrictions to appear for CAT examination.

The final year appearing candidates are also eligible for CAT examination.

After clear the CAT Examination with good percentile, you are eligible to get admission in IIM. To get admission in IIM was not easy, you have to scored more that 90% marks in CAT examination.

And you have also clear the GD and Personal Interview, only then you will get admission in Top Business schools like IIM's. So, if you are interested to get admission in IIMs, then please prepare for CAT examination.

The CAT examination are held in the month of november and december.

When the notification was come, it will be updated in the official website of CAT website. So please visit the CAT official website for complete information -

http://www.catiim.in/cat_eligibility.html
18th May 2011, 02:37 PM
navyanaidu570

Default Re: Marks required in graduation for appearing in CAT and admission in IIMs?

It is 50% aggregate of the required subjects if you come under general merit & 45% if you come under SC/ST/OBC.
18th May 2011, 03:17 PM
Ankur agrawal

Hii,

To be a part of the CAT examiation you have requried 50% marks in your graduation exam ..
It may be varied as per your cast crieria if you are in OBC/SC/ST so its different for that condition also..

Thanks,
Ankur
18th May 2011, 04:24 PM
tannu90

New Delhi (JPN/ Bureau): The selection criteria of the country’s premier management school Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) is under scanner as few students are mulling legal action against the institute.

Ruffled on the failure in seeking admission to IIM despite being among Common Aptitude Test (CAT) toppers following the changes made by IIMs, over half- a-dozen candidates are going to approach the Supreme Court.

According to the allegations leveled by the students, the CAT organizers, who had set standards for appearing in the entrance exams earlier, brought changes to the selection criteria before the results announcement, making the candidates devoid of admissions to IIMs.

One of the CAT toppers Deepesh alleged, “Despite scoring 99.27 percentile in my result declared last month, I haven’t yet received any call from the IIM for the admission.”
Over 60 students have come up in arms against the CAT anomalies and they would be approaching Supreme Court.

Changed selection criteria

According to the students, prior to the CAT examination, the candidates with 50 per cent mark in graduation were considered eligible for appearing in joint entrance exam. The students alleged that the IIM did not disclose any standards before CAT, but with the declaration of results it revealed for the first time the criterion of setting a minimum 75 percent cut-off in higher secondary or 70 per cent in senior secondary examinations as a benchmark for the admission.

“What came as a shocker at the time of announcement that it set the condition that those below 65 per cent of marks in graduation would not be given admissions.”

Preference for Trichy, Rohtak

Going by the sources, the students in their applications had given preferences for IIM- Rohtak, Trichy and Shillong. The appointments for the post of Directors for three new IIMs were not made at the time of CAT following which they couldn’t upload the criteria list on their website
18th May 2011, 06:08 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To take the common admission test-CAT, you must have scored a minimum of 50% in your bachelors degree program, pursued from a recognized university.
candidates who qualify the CAT, are selected for group discussion and finally for the interview.
Now, its really difficult to say how much you need to score in CAT to get admission in IIM's. In the year 2007, candidates scoring 140 out of 300 marks, in 2008, candidates scoring 145 out of 360 and in 2009, candidates scoring 240 out of 450 marks were selected for the next stages.
Selection in IIM is based upon 25% cut-off in all subjects and performance in CAT.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of IIM.
18th May 2011, 08:32 PM
gurpreetrodger

u need 50% marks in degree as an eligibility for get admission for iim and other
18th May 2011, 10:04 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Qualification Required for CAT exam:

To appear in the CAT exam you should minimum 50% marks in graduation and for SC, ST candidate minimum 45% marks is required to appear in the CAT examination. Final year graduation student are also eligible for this examination.

There are no age limit to appear in the CAT exam.

After clear CAT exam with good percentage about above 90% then you
are eligible for the admission in the IIM. This exam are held in the month
of November or December.

For complete information please visit the official website :-
http://www.catiim.in

Regards
~Mukul~
18th May 2011, 10:30 PM
mandiv

for appearing in CAT you must score an aggregate total of 50% marks and a 5% relaxation is there for SC and ST category ............
for admission in IIM you must score around (preferably above) 70% marks in CAT.................
for further information you may log on the website;
catiim.in
all the best dear
18th May 2011, 10:33 PM
mandiv

hello dear......
for appearing in CAT you must score an aggregate of 50% marks in your graduation and a relaxation of 5% is present for reserved category...........
and for admission in IIMs you have to score around(preferably above) 70% marks in your CAT exam...................
for further information you may log on the website:
catiim.in
best of luck.....
19th May 2011, 01:45 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyanaidu570 View Post
It is 50% aggregate of the required subjects if you come under general merit & 45% if you come under SC/ST/OBC.
hii,

how can we say the adject marks requried to take admission in th eIIMs because it varied to the no of application in every year ..
but if you score minimum half marks of the total marks in every subject so as per the last previous record you get admission in IIM's ...

thanks ,
Anku r
5th June 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

sir, My name is Kaushal n i scored 49.5% marks in graduation. i want to do mba full time course. which enterence exam 'll faced in these percentage.
7th June 2011, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

My name is abhishek. I secured 74% marks in class X, 86% marks in higher secondary exams and 56% in my graduation. What are my possibilities in getting into IIM calcutta if I clear all the cut offs set by IIM calcutta in the CAT examination.
30th June 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

BCOS OF LOW PERCENT IN GRADUATION U GOT NO CHANCES
7th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the selection criteria for CAT? can an average student appear in this examination?
22nd July 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

hello;
i go for mba in nirma university so cat is required so can you suggest me which books help for me ? and coaching class is nead ya prepar self
20th August 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

My name is ahmad. I secured 54% marks in class X, 47% marks in higher secondary exams 50% in graduation and 49% marks in post gradguat. What are my possibilities in getting into IIM calcutta if I clear all the cut offs set by IIM calcutta in the CAT examination,
28th August 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

my name is shailendra i belong to schedule cast how many percentage should have to take admission in iim
14th September 2011, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi
Do you know what are the highest marks in last exams for all CAT subjects?
15th September 2011, 01:27 AM
fahran

Hi dear,

If you want to appear in CAT entrance examination, then you have to scored minimum 50% Marks in your bachelor degree examination if you are a general candidates. And for SC, ST Candidates minimum 45% marks is required.

There is No age restrictions to appear for CAT examination.

The final year appearing candidates are also eligible for CAT examination.

After clear the CAT Examination with good percentile, you are eligible to get admission in IIM. To get admission in IIM was not easy, you have to scored more that 90% marks in CAT examination.

And you have also clear the GD and Personal Interview, only then you will get admission in Top Business schools like IIM's. So, if you are interested to get admission in IIMs, then please prepare for CAT examination.

The CAT examination are held in the month of november and december.

When the notification was come, it will be updated in the official website of CAT website. So please visit the CAT official website for complete information -

Thanks
15th September 2011, 09:37 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Common Admission Test(CAT) is a very tough exam to clear.
Although you just need to have 45% marks in your Graduation level.
Therefore prepare yourself for the exam.
There is no such rule regarding the number of attempts also.
For more information regarding the eligibility follow the website-

All the best.
7th November 2011, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

will the marks of class 12th also considered for cat xam?
2nd December 2011, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

50% mark will be required in final year only or throught the graduation programme...?
19th December 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

dude dont listen to ny idiots .. u have gud chance even if u have low marks in graduation
3rd January 2012, 06:23 AM
Unregistered

i have 65 percentage mark in bcom ca how to get MBA admission in top collage ?
5th February 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Could anyone please tell me what are good marks required by any ST category student to get IIM-A.
IN SCHOOL-?
IN COLLEGE(CGPA based)-?
IN CAT-?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
8th April 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

hey its rahul from kolkata,i got 90%in Xth & 74.4% in XIIth,right now i am doing btech ,if i will score above 70% in graduation & above 99%lile ,will i be shortlisted by iims & other top b school,i m asking bcoz i want to prepare for cat right now..........
24th March 2013, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Hey i m gonna appear for cat exam in For the year 2013 and m currently in sybfm so how r my marks going to b claculated ???
Will it b average of my marks of fybfm n sybfm ?
3rd April 2013, 12:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Full form of CAT is Common Admission Test and this exam is conducted by the IIMs. That does not means you can only apply in IIM with CAT scores. Apart from IIM, there is a list of other top grade B-Schools which accepts this score. For MBA aspirants this exam is possibly the end-all and be-all of everything.

Since MBA is a post graduation degree therefore you need to possess a bachelor's degree first to apply for this course. This degree can be attained in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. Even final year candidates can also apply.

At graduation level you need to score at least 50% of marks in aggregate if you are a general category candidate. For the SC/ST/PWD Candidates the percentage to secure is 45% of marks in aggregate.

As per the rule of Government the following percentage of seats remains reserved:-

i) SC Candidates: 15%
ii) ST Candidates: 7.5%
iii) OBC Candidates: 27%
iv) PWD Candidates: 3%

The admission process generally varies from one institution to the other. Some IIMs apart from the written examination gives importance to the academic background of the candidate and also on the kind of co-curricular activities he/she has done. Work experience is also another important factor. The CAT exam does not ends with the written exam by the way. There is a group discussion and interview session to crack as well.

In the written exam there will be two sections to answer: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. The total time limit for each section is 70 minutes and within this time limit you need to answer 30 questions from each section. Before the start of the exam you will get 15 minutes to read the paper and it is advisable to use that time judiciously.

For general category candidates the cost of CAT voucher is Rs. 1600 and for SC/ST Candidates it is Rs. 800. Generally from the branches of Axis Bank you can get the voucher.

Hope this helps :-> :->
23rd June 2014, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

My name is divesh. I secured 81% marks in class X, 57% marks in higher secondary exams. What are my possibilities in getting into a TCS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?