18th July 2017, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Will my state OBC certificate be valid for JEE advance?

Sir I have not OBC certificate presently applying now but time taken. I will submit at the time of counseling surely. Now I have AP state original caste certificate. This certificate is adjusted to apply for JEE advance 2017. My OBC reservation is safe? Send answer fast Sir.

19th July 2017, 06:03 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Will my state OBC certificate be valid for JEE advance?

Let me inform you that there are two type of OBC certificate, one is issued by the State government and the other is issued by the Central government.
There are casts that are recognized as OBC by the relevant state government but not by the central government.Therefore, such casts would be in relevant state government list not in the central government list.
In order to take benefit of OBC reservation in Central government institutes such as the IITs, NITs, UPSC, etc, the relevant caste should be mentioned in the central government's list and the cert should be issued by the relevant central government authority.
19th July 2017, 11:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your OBC certificate will be valid for reservation in JEE Advance counselling process. You need to submit the OBC Certificate copy along with other documents like 10th standard marksheet, 12th standard marksheet, JEE Hall ticket, JEE Rank Card, etc.,. If you submit all the documents correctly then, you need not worry about your reservation in JEE Advance counselling process.
19th July 2017, 11:32 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for OBC reservation as you do not have the certificate right now. You should have the certificate with you at the time of applying for the examination.

So, I would suggest you to get your certificate first and then apply for examination to avail the benefits otherwise, you will have to give your examination under General category candidates.
3rd May 2019, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

I have state Obc and my central obc certificate will be issued shortly can I apply in advance with state certificate and later on will show my central in the counselling. Can I do this?
31st July 2019, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

What is the validity of OBC certificate for Centre Govt vacancies
29th September 2019, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Whether state obc certificate is valid for central govt. Jobs
23rd December 2020, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

IS OBC -NCL CERTIFICATE REQUIRED FOR 2021 JEE MAIN APPLICATION FILLING
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?