21st June 2011, 10:34 AM
H B Kadam

Do I need to submit an OBC certificate to appear for IITJEE under OBC quota?

Sir,
I am in OBC candidate will apear IIT - JEE examination next year. Which type of OBC certificate is required for OBC quoto calculated by me

Thanks

25th June 2011, 07:16 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Do I need to submit an OBC certificate to appear for IITJEE under OBC quota?

Hey,
yes you have to make obc certificate,so you can get the benifit as a OBC candidate.
You can just go through the application brouchre and you will find the format of OBC certificate.In the same manner you have to made the OBC certificate.
good luck
15th July 2011, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do I need to submit an OBC certificate to appear for IITJEE under OBC quota?

I have applied for OBC certificate on 11th July. How can I know whether my application is accepted or not.
27th July 2011, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

i belong to backward caste.i belong to creamy layer category.can i get OBC reservation in 2012-2013 medical entrance test?
9th November 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

can i still get admission in iit after applying through obc quota and not able to submit the obc certificate at time of admission
10th November 2011, 02:29 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

OBC Certificate is to be produced by you so that you can the benefits at the time of admissions.

Its basically a proof of you belonging to the OBC section.

I am attaching a picture of the OBC certificate. You can take a look.

All the best.

Regards
RJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OBC_Cert.jpg
Views:	14676
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	55143   Click image for larger version

Name:	obc caste certificate.jpg
Views:	45347
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	55144  
10th November 2011, 11:19 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Do I need to submit an OBC certificate to appear for IITJEE under OBC quota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H B Kadam View Post
Sir,
I am in OBC candidate will apear IIT - JEE examination next year. Which type of OBC certificate is required for OBC quoto calculated by me

Thanks

Do I need to submit an OBC certificate to appear for IITJEE

No..you do not need to submit the OBC certificate with your application form for appearing in IIT JEE..

Just buy the form meant for the OBC category and choose your category as OBC in the form..

The form for OBC candidates costs Rs 1000/-

The forms shall be available in the offline mode from 11th November,2011

The last date for form submission is 15th December,2011

The forms shall be available in your nearby Union Bank of India Branch or your nearest book depots..

In case you get selected for the counselling..then you definitely need to show your OBC certificate when you attend the counselling..

I have attached the OBC Certificate format along with this post..

You can just take a copy of it..fill it and get it signed by a gazetted officer..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OBC Certificate.pdf(20.2 KB, 608 views)
11th November 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

why is obc certificate issued after jan 2012 required?? what about the one issued in 2011??
11th November 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

i need to submit obc certificate for iit jee . but it will require some time to get prepared by officials. so can i do anything else to get admission on the basis of obc caste
1st December 2011, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Do i need to submit an obc certificate along with my omr application form or i have to send it later on?
1st December 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

I DINT GET MY OBC CERTIFICATION ON TIME.CAN I APPLY WITHOUT THAT AND SHOW MY OBC BY COUNSELLING TIME.
7th January 2012, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

do the obc form needed to be issued after 12 january,2012? my obc certificate is issued on 10december, would it be valid??
please help! if possible please reply to [email protected]
thank you!
8th January 2012, 01:56 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by H B Kadam View Post
Sir,

Thanks
FRIEND,
NO , there is NO NEED to give your OBC CERTIFICATE while sending the application form. however it is NEEDED ONLY at the time of ADMISSION
so,you are applicable if
  • you have a VALID OBC certificate
  • creamy layer/non creamy layer will decide you are eligible or not
5th May 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

what are the requirements for getting admission in iit?????????
26th May 2012, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I have got OBC(NCL) certificate issued after Jan 2012. How to submit it for IIT Admission 2012 ?
26th May 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

I have got OBC (NCL) certificate issued in Jan 2012. How to submit for IIT admission 2012 ?
25th April 2013, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

i filled my jee mains form under general category but i belong to obc. Can i show my obc certificate during counselling and get a good college?
9th May 2013, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have already given my medical exam stating myself as obc in the application form.if i am unable to show my obc certificate during counselling,will they disqualify me???
10th June 2015, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

as I study in 2 non medical in chandigarh. I have certificate of obc from punjab . did I will get obc weightage in chandigarh engineering colleges
6th November 2016, 12:08 PM
Shilpi Mishr

Yes,you need to present obc certificate if you are applying in the IIT examination so that you can get relaxation under obc category .For that you have to visit your local documentary office where such certificates are made with following documents:
1.Adhaar card
2.Your class 10th marksheet
3.Recent photo of yours and your father
4.One I'd proof of your father .
Thank you
All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?