7th January 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Astronaut? How much percentage is needed in 12th to get admission?

I want to become an astronaut & my question is that , how many % r needed in 12 to get admission in good university for further qualification? How can I be a astronaut in ISRO ?

Related Questions:
1st August 2013, 09:49 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become an Astronaut? How much percentage is needed in 12th to get admission?

Hi

Some of the basic eligibility for becoming astronaut are given below

- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, physical science or mathematics.

- At least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time in jet aircraft. Flight test experience is highly desirable ( however, this is not mandatory)

- Ability to pass a NASA space physical which is similar to a military or civilian flight physical and includes the following specific standards -

- Distant visual acuity- 20/100 or better uncorrected, correctable to 20/20 each eye.

- Blood pressure- 140/90 measured in a sitting position.

- Height between 62 and 75 inches.

You can get some of your questions answered in the following link
http://astronauts.nasa.gov/content/faq.htm

All the best
13th May 2015, 02:50 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: How to become an Astronaut? How much percentage is needed in 12th to get admission?

First of all, make it very clear that being an astronaut is a great dream but it is surely not an easy task.

For being an astronaut you should get training at NASA and ISRO.

Since you are an India, then you can get admitted in ISRO.

There is an entrance exam on the graduation basis conducted by ISRO every year for engineers.

Since you are in 10th standard right now, you should concentrate on your studies, and most importantly on Mathematics and Physics.

Choose a science background with Maths + Physics as the main subjects in the 11th standard, pass 12th with a good grade and get admitted into a good Enginnering college with a branch of Aeronautical Engineering, if possible.

Pass the Engineering, appear in the entrance exam, crack it, and get admitted into ISRO.

I first cleared that its not at all a cake walk.

With mental soundness, you need to be physically sound too.
29th September 2021, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

What is the persent to decam an astronaut in NASA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?