29th March 2011, 03:29 PM
suhartosengupta

Chances for admission in IIT after GATE score 734 and rank 177?

Hi ,

I got a GATE score of 734 in ME this year 2011 , with an AIR of 177.

What are my chances of getting direct counselling call from any IIT ?

Related Questions:
  1. Where should I apply after scoring 507 in GATE, 46 marks, 3397 rank in CS? Any chance to get admission in IIT and NIT?
  2. Can I get admission in NIT and IIT without GATE scorecard if secured 32000 rank in GATE(EC)?
  3. GATE score required for admission in NITs? Do NITs conduct their own interview and written test like IIT's? After M.Tech what are the chances of getting placed and how much package can I get?
  4. How to get admission into IIT through GATE score?
  5. How should I get admission in IIT after scoring 1535 rank in civil in GATE?
  6. Chances to secure admission in IIT/NIT with rank under 1500 in GATE for SC candidates? -- [New]
  7. Can I get admission in IIT or NIT with a score of 35 in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How could I get admission in any IIT or NIT after scoring 43.67 marks, 475 GATE score and 5264 rank in GATE? In which universities should I apply?
  9. Chances of getting an interview/written test call from IIT Delhi for Design or Thermal Engineering after scoring 702 in GATE(Mechanical) with 269 rank?
  10. Can I get MTECH admission IIT with a gate score of 663?
  11. Is there any chance to get admission in any NIIT/IIT college after scoring 198 in GATE
  12. What is the GATE score for M.Tech admission in NIT and IIT college?
  13. Can I apply for M.Tech course with my previous year GATE score? Which Colleges I can get admission for this course with a score of 439 in GATE Exam and with a rank of 3689 for EE stream?
  14. Chances of getting IIT and NIT after scoring 4527 in GATE Mechanical with 95.9 percentile
  15. Is there any chance of getting admission into IIT or NIT after scoring 271 in GATE?
  16. Will I get admission in any NITs if secured 16054 AIR in GATE(ME)? Colleges offering admission in M.Tech with this rank?
  17. What are the chances to get IIT/NIT after scoring 47.33 marks with 525 GATE score and 3380 AIR?
  18. Do I have any chance for admission in IITs after scoring 456 in GATE, 6963 rank, 94.86 percentile and 35.67 marks?
29th March 2011, 07:47 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances for admission in IIT after GATE score 734 and rank 177?

yea you will get chance in any one of the IIT. first of all congratulation for your result. this is a very good score.

in some leading IIT you will not get chance of direct admission but you should apply for that also. they will select you through interview. interview will carry 30% weight and GATE score will carry 70% weight. so after interview you may get chance in leading IIT according to your performance.

but you will get direct admission in IITs like IIT roorkee etc. visit their website to know previous year cut off of various IIT. from the statistics you will be able to make an idea where you may get chance of admission. the notification for admission in M.Tech for this year also published for few IITs. check the notification to get the cut off rank for direct admission in various IITs.

1)www.iitd.ac.in
2)www.iitb.ac.in
3)www.iitm.ac.in
4)www.iitkgp.ac.in
5)www.iitk.ac.in
6)www.iitr.ac.in
7)www.iitg.ernet.in

best of luck.
29th March 2011, 08:15 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
you have got an very good rank and surely you are am iit material,there is no way that you will not get admission in iits,
the thing which you have to take care now is to get an good branch like something in design which is in great demand right now,
you should also try to take admission in college like iit Delhi were mechanical engineering is of great demand with good companies like BMW are coming to offer jobs.
you should also see that you do not get an bad branch by coming the lure of getting admission in some college or iit of your choice,
you should always go for good branch even though getting admission in some lesser ranked iit,because that will help in your future
29th March 2011, 08:16 PM
cricket007
Banned

yes you have chance,

iit bombay
iit kanpur
iit madras
iit delhi
iit roorkee

nit colleges.

nit bhopal
nit trichy
nit rourkela

check the official colleges prospectus,

all the best.............................................. ...
29th March 2011, 10:55 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Chances for admission in IIT after GATE score 734 and rank 177?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhartosengupta View Post
Hi ,

Dear friend congrats because you have done very good scoring in GATE.........

You can apply in any IIT BUT you should apply only in that IIT where you want to take admission.............

you can apply IN IIT because for counseling date came and you fill-up the form in which you want to take admission..............

this is very good rank for take admission in that college in which you want...........

you can also apply in IOCL because IOCL give chance to get a job directly if you face the interview,,,,,,,
30th March 2011, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

my gate score is 187in CE,rank is 10920 and mark is 14.may i get M tech admission in kerala?
27th April 2011, 09:13 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Post Re: Chances for admission in IIT after GATE score 734 and rank 177?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhartosengupta View Post
Hi ,

hii, definately you will get into IITs

check out there, notifications and apply to all you will get interview calls,

best of luck and let us know where u got best of luck.
14th June 2011, 05:52 PM
sachin6

Ya,well good gate score. You will get 50% chances in iit. But you tried according to your performance you will get a seat
11th July 2011, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

hello,
what is the first step which i have to take after getting sufficient rank in GATE? whether i have to fill form or there is a councelling procedure? how much time after gate result, i can wait for forms? where i can get them?
11th January 2012, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

how much gate score is enough for an obc to get an iit
31st May 2020, 01:45 PM
Arpitdongre

You may get IIT Roorkee, IIT Hyderabad or NITs. You may get research interview calls from IISc M Tech CDS research, IIT Bombay RA and MS from IIT Madras. Keep learning. Interviews may help you landing into some good institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?