26th July 2013, 04:08 PM
rahulkhattar

How to join Indian Military Academy if I am a student of class 12th

i Respected sir,
I am the student of class 12th .i want to join indian military academy.when thre will be commencement of examination .I request you to tell me that when forms will come
Thanking you

7th May 2014, 12:25 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join Indian Military Academy if I am a student of class 12th

After completing 12th exam you are eligible to apply for Indian Army. To join Indian Army you need to crack the entrance examination. The exams are 10+2 TES, NDA Examination.

TES i.e Technical Entry Scheme and this examination is conducted by Indian Army twice in a year. To apply for this examination the candidate must have a completed Intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects and must secure at least 70% Marks in PCM. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. The candidate age should be 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.

NDA i.e National Defence examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination the candidate must have a completed Intermediate with any discipline from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and there is no percentage bar required to apply. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. The candidate age should be 16 1/2 - 19 years.
8th April 2015, 03:53 AM
Unregistered

I am a girl and I have just finished my 12th in commerce stream. Am I eligible to join the Air Force Academy?
11th April 2015, 10:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulkhattar View Post
i Respected sir,
I am the student of class 12th .i want to join indian military academy.when thre will be commencement of examination .I request you to tell me that when forms will come
Thanking you
If you want to Join Indian Military Academy (IMA), then for this you have to complete your graduation from a recognized board. Minimum eligibility criteria to join IMA is graduation. After Graduation you are eligible to write CDS (Combined Defence Services) examination.

CDS Examination is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year. Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible for CDS examination to Join IMA. Your age should between 19-24 years to apply for IMA.

Those who cracks the written examination followed by SSB interview & Medical test are eligible to Join Training in IMA Dehradun, the duration of training is 18 months. If your aim is to join IMA, then please complete your graduation first because 12th pass candidates are not eligible to apply for CDS examination to Join IMA.

After completing the Intermediate examination, you can apply for NDA (National Defence Academy) examination. This examination is only for unmarried male candidates between the age of 16.5- 19 years at the time of commencement of training. You can Join Army, Naval and Air force wings after clear the NDA Examination.

You must be medically and physically fit to join defence.

But to join IMA (Indian Military Academy), you have to apply for the CDS Examination and after clear CDS you are eligible to Join IMA. To get more details regarding CDS Examination, please visit the official website of UPSC or Indian Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?