16th August 2013, 12:15 PM
parag12344

Can I be eligible to claim OBC non creamy layer seat?

i M CURRENTLY WORKING IN psu AND mY SALARY OF LAST THREE YEARS ARE 4 LAKHS , 4.2 LAKHS AND 4.7 LAKHS ANUALLY , i WANT TO KNOW CAN i STILL BE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM obc NON CREAMY LAYER SEAT?

22nd March 2014, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I be eligible to claim OBC non creamy layer seat?

I am public sector employee getting a salary of Rs.600,000/ per An um I am coming under Back ward community,my daughter can eligible to claim CET under OBC catagery?
4th April 2015, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

My daughter has given JEE Main exam Today. We are OBC category. Since my salary is more than 15 Lacs, I have applied as General category. She is expecting 111 marks.How will it impact on her result for selecting to JEE advanced?. During application stage, I have called help line. Nobody responded, so I have applied as General category. Can I change the category now, as it is affecting the cut-off marks for selecting to write the JEE mains. Please help.
11th April 2015, 09:21 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by parag12344 View Post
i M CURRENTLY WORKING IN psu AND mY SALARY OF LAST THREE YEARS ARE 4 LAKHS , 4.2 LAKHS AND 4.7 LAKHS ANUALLY , i WANT TO KNOW CAN i STILL BE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM obc NON CREAMY LAYER SEAT?
Yes, you are eligible to claim OBC Non-Creamy Layer seat in all the government examination. If the annual income of a person is less than 6 Lakhs are comes under Non Creamy Layer Category. Your Annual income is not more than 6 Lakhs, then you are eligible for OBC Non-Creamy layer category.

~~ Non-Creamy Layer: Annual salary is less than 6 lakhs.
~~ Creamy Layer: Annual Salary is more than 6 Lakhs.

As you know that Creamy layer are not eligible for OBC Quota, they treat as General category. Only Non-Creamy layer candidates are eligible to claim OBC Reservation in all the government exams.

Non- creamy layer candidates had to mention OBC Category at the time of filling online/offline application form, but you have to produce the OBC-Non-Creamy certificate at the time of Interview.

Well, there is not a big difference in marks between general and OBC Category, But OBC candidates claim the age relaxation in all the government examinations.

So, please do not worry because you are coming under non-creamy layer.
12th June 2015, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

I am working in bank and my annual incom is 2.4 lakhs and my mother works as a teacher in govt school, her salary is 3.6 laks. Am I eligible for non creamy layer to get age relaxation in rbi exams?
11th December 2015, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I am junior college teacher my annual salary is 615000 i am semy govt.employee my children get non creamy layer cert.in year 2015 ?
21st January 2016, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the exactly difference b/w OBC Creamy Layer & OBC Non-Creamy layer as per govt of india?
22nd January 2016, 03:50 PM
anuradha1985

If your salary is less than 6 lacks per annual then you are eligible for any job under non creamy layer caste reservation.

and if your annual income is more than 6 lacks then you do not come under non creamy layer according to new government rule.
28th April 2016, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

I am earning 2 lakhs and my wife working in state govt is earning 8=9 lakhs .is my daughter eligible to claim obc ncl
16th May 2016, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I am a doctor working abroad. I have no significant income in India. My wife is unemployed. Can my son studying in India apply for NEET exam under OBC Non-creamy category?
16th May 2016, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I am a doctor working abroad. My wife is unemployed. No significant income in India. Can I apply NEET eam for my son under OBC Non-creamy category?
1st December 2016, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

I belong to forward caste but my parents income are less than 4lakh, am I eligible for obc non creamy layer certificate
18th April 2017, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

My father is a government peon (4th level) in boarding school and he has salary account in Bank, he has not providing me his salary certificate/pay slip/form No. 16, or anything else...then, what I do obtain for income certificate and Non Creamy Layer... I am 28 years old, then what is the legal way can I obtain Certificates and after that I will be eligible/able to apply to mpsc 3rd level post....
26th May 2017, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

My father is govt employee in nationalized bank (clerk) whether I.m applicable for OBC non cream layer
Sir reply me
Mail:[email protected]
20th August 2019, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

I am working in PSU and ann salary is 20 lacs, but my parents are not working. Can i avail OBC category as we belong to OBC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?